Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:48 AM

Re: Call the Midwives

Wonderful series. Don't think I've missed an episode. My eldest was born in 1964 and everything on Midwives brought back memories!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I’ve always enjoyed Call The Midwife, but do think the Turner family are a little too twee for my liking! I prefer the storylines around the other characters.

I too have the second episode still to watch.

Did anyone else, though, think they over egged the bed lice infestation? Everything was ‘running alive’ but would they have ALL migrated to the belongings/clothing of the midwife then multiplied so quickly?

And, anyone else think a romance could happen between Trixie (what a lovely face she has) and Matthew?

I expect there will be a Christmas special, with the wedding of Lucille and Cyril to look forward to.
Jazzi, As l have never watched Call The Midwife, l googled the actress you mentioned...Trixie.
I do know her but... from, Strictly Come Dancing!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 01:16 PM

Yes Art, I do believe she took part in that but I never watched it.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 02:41 PM

I enjoyed the first couple of series, which I think were largely based on the books. When they ran out of plots from the books the show got ever more preachy and woke as it went on, and I gave up on the show not long after.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:30 PM

I have enjoyed all the series, watching the programme gave me pangs of nostalgia with so many memories from childhood.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:53 PM

Trixie wears some beautiful stylish clothes. I love her fashion.

It's the best look - ever!!
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

01-06-2021, 02:59 AM

not wishing to be pedantic [well yes it is but] wasn't the series called "Call the Midwife]singular?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 08:22 AM

You are being pedantic bret but you are correct.

It is " Call the midwife" singular.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Trixie wears some beautiful stylish clothes. I love her fashion.

It's the best look - ever!!
Got to agree with you there Carol. It was glamour brought bang up to date. Previously, glamour had been Hollywood film stars with furs and cigarette holders, but Trixie's style is so glamour/chic, and it kind of seemed accessible to everyone (though not everyone could do it with as much pizzazz as Trixie!)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 09:16 AM

Re Trixie and her clothes. I watched the special last night and the costumes lady mentioned that in the show Trixie has a rich aunt living in France (I think) so that is how they get around dressing her up in such glamorous items of clothing. She wears everything beautifully.

And good to hear ‘Sister Julienne’ asking us to stick with them longer as they have much more to tell!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top