Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 02:56 PM

Re: Natural remedies...

Magnesium from Holland and Barrett is worth a try. It only allows you to absorb the magnesium your body requires and if you are lacking magnesium it can cause anxiety and sleeplessness
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Lavender oil & similar things don't help at all. I need something more powerful.

Nytol works for me but it can't be called natural.

I do believe a good long walk during the day helps but it's not often I can walk far now due to an auto immune condition called PMR..

I take steroids for my PMR and they are known to affect sleep patterns.

I can't win really.
Well you could get drink Carol, but then you would have a headache in the morning!
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

06-06-2021, 12:57 PM

I sometimes take Griffonia seed extract, it's 100% natural, along with valerian if I can't sleep. Only occasionally these days, or if there's something coming up which is on my mind.
Herbal teas mainly, pukka do some excellent ones, for sleep and general well-being.
Epsom salt baths with lavender are one of my favourite things too.
Or wine will do it, but trying to watch calories.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 02:49 PM

I think the worse thing people can do is have a telly in their bedroom.
They sit up and watch murders, gun fights, car chases, and creepy stories, etc, then switch the light off while their mind is still buzzing and expect to sleep!
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 05:44 PM

To help do away with insomnia...

Tisserand Sleep Better pillow mister

Yogi Tea Bedtime Tea

Open windows with earplugs if necessary

Blindfold if there is too much light

If all else fails, a radio tuned to a talk station with the volume a little below what you would normally use for comfort.

This all allows me to sleep after night shifts.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 06:01 PM

Hi Carol I've never taken anything to help with sleep but I often listen to guided meditations listening stops you thinking .

You can hear guided meditations on you tube, my preference is the gentle english voice as other accents can be a bit harsh for sleep .

Hope this helps
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 06:34 PM

I probably shouldn't say this but I used to take painkillers if I couldn't sleep. They help if you can't get comfy because of aches and pains in your muscles or joints. But I would take two paracetamols plus two ibuprofen and sometimes instead of the ibuprofen I'd take nurofen plus (with codeine). Plus a kalms. Probably very naughty of me.
Rosh
New Member!
Colombo, SriLanka
Rosh is female 

06-06-2021, 07:00 PM

Frankincense essential oil in a diffuser works well for me. Lavender, not so much.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I probably shouldn't say this but I used to take painkillers if I couldn't sleep. They help if you can't get comfy because of aches and pains in your muscles or joints. But I would take two paracetamols plus two ibuprofen and sometimes instead of the ibuprofen I'd take nurofen plus (with codeine). Plus a kalms. Probably very naughty of me.

Blimey Annie, 5 pills to get to sleep?

I'd be more frightened I wouldn't wake up in the morning!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Blimey Annie, 5 pills to get to sleep?

I'd be more frightened I wouldn't wake up in the morning!
Firstly I don't do this any more. But not sleeping really ruins my day so this was the better of two evils. For me I didn't have thoughts keeping me awake just feeling restless physically, wide awake I guess is the description. Is it adrenaline or just a bad body clock out of sync? I've always thought I should be living in the Azores

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top