Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 02:01 AM

Re: The anti-vax conspiracy, Ch4 tonight 09.00

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Don't worry d00d, antivaxxers will be made to look like fools and discredited, whether they are or not...
You mean like this OGF? :

"Rick Wiles, a right-wing Christian talk show host and anti-vaxxer has been hospitalised with Covid-19 after saying vaccines would wipe out “stupid people”.

Less than a month ago, Mr Wiles said he would never get vaccinated. His website, TruNews, announced over the weekend that had been infected and taken to hospital where he had been given oxygen. "
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/anti-vaxxe...202354538.html

Hopefully he'll recover soon enough to debunk stories such as:

Serrana, a city in the southeastern Brazilian state of Sao Paulo, became the subject of a study that saw almost all its adult population vaccinated.

Between 17 February and April, around 27,000 Serrana residents – approximately 95% of the adult population – received two doses of the Sinovac vaccine.

The city has since seen a 95% drop in COVID-19 deaths and an 80% drop in cases, according to the Instituto Butantan, which ran the study.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/mass-exper...173706880.html
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 07:03 AM

After a bad frightening experience with my last Covid jab I have an open mind.... even my doctor agrees my reaction was due to the jab and has had other patients with a similar reaction. I'm lactose intolerant I wonder if that is a factor?

I was so sorry for the mum who had a normal happy little boy until he had the MMR jab ....there was a video of him before a normal happy little chap then after high on the autistic scale.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 09:42 AM

I wasn't impressed with the programme or the angle they took to make anti vax out to be based on just one man. I have an open mind about the mmr link to autism. There may be genetic reasons some react and others don't. These are factors too variable to conduct a controlled trial. Most trials assume all humans are the same.

But this is nothing to do with the current anti vax movement. That is far more sinister.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 09:49 AM

My view is that anti vax is a combination of a number of different anarchic anti government, anti capitalist movements that have infiltrated the internet religions and communities. It's a lot bigger than vaccines. Pretty damaging to our way of life long term. On the counter there are other movements to digitalisation and techno surveillance societies. So mad max vs brave new world?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 10:15 AM

I only watched about ten minutes last night after Coronation Street finished (important stuff first ) But I've recorded the whole thing Annie.

I wasn't impressed either by the bit that I saw. Sorry for the poor lad with Autism, but out of the millions who had the MMR jab (me included) had no ill effects and It's possible that he would have developed Autism even had he not had the jab.

They were obviously highlighting the crackpot side of anti Vax referring the that Doctor Wakefield? bloke who was suggesting all sorts of crazy treatments. I'll watch the rest and see if it gets a bit more sensible.

The majority of anti vaxxers seem to be against compulsory medication, which I also agree with, and although it's not illegal not to have the covid vaccine there is much intimidation, peer pressure and emotional blackmail being used.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My view is that anti vax is a combination of a number of different anarchic anti government, anti capitalist movements that have infiltrated the internet religions and communities. It's a lot bigger than vaccines. Pretty damaging to our way of life long term. On the counter there are other movements to digitalisation and techno surveillance societies. So mad max vs brave new world?
Yes I agree with that Annie....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-06-2021, 12:58 PM

I don't think the MMR vaccine existed when we were babies OGF (unless you have been lying about your age! )
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 01:00 PM

I don't think the MMR vaccine existed when we were babies OGF (unless you have been lying about your age! )
It didn’t exist in my baby years either, Annie...
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 01:10 PM

Yep
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-06-2021, 02:20 PM

They were separate in those days Annie, Mumps, Measles and Rubella.....There was also one for TB, Hooping Cough and Polio. It perhaps goes to show that as soon as they modify them it all goes belly up....Not all science is good science!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top