Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 03:19 PM

Re: Illegal migrants getting impatient !?!?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The government has faced such a buggers muddle of inter-related legislation thanks to that POS Blair that making progress has been all but impossible. Only now can some progress start to be made as we
fight out of EC control.

A hard exit from the EU would have made life very much easier because we are still facing BREXIT in name over.

Let's face it, France especially is our enemy. In times not that long past by now we would have been in a hot war with France. We should be now.
Well said. I agree with every word.

Fortunately, BLiar is now gone (though you wouldn't think so having seen him on the telly all the time).

Unfortunately, our present government doesn't seem particularly bothered about this constant invasion OR the various attacks from 'our friends across the Channel'. Perhaps something might stir them as we approach 2024!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 03:22 PM

Emigrate to where? Look into it - for most people it's now all but impossible.
Not necessary now but, as I said, in the future as things become worse.
I'm sure that anyone with either useful skills or lots of money (or both) would be welcomed in many more attractive countries. New Zealand looks nice to me, though far away.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 03:33 PM

The numbers are frightening.
Are we completely insane
This is invasion by mostly young males .
It can only end in tears

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-UK-May.html
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm sure that anyone with either useful skills or lots of money (or both) would be welcomed in many more attractive countries. New Zealand looks nice to me, though far away.
Money doesn’t always hack it and skills have to be one that countries like Australia want .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 03:45 PM

Nah. Too close to Australia! (Todger humour only)
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Money doesn’t always hack it and skills have to be one that countries like Australia want .
Rat catcher?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-06-2021, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes of course.

I'm not talking about emigrating right now, nor myself emigrating at all at my age. However, young people with the skills and/or money could be well advised to do that in the future as things become worse in this country.

I know it's a sad thing to think about now, and some would say cowardly, but I can see what is happening regarding safety, law and order, the economy, living space, etc., and the worst thing is that no-one in authority seems the slightest bit concerned or willing to do anything about it.

I think we here on OFF and others of our age are, in some ways, lucky. If we were in our 20s or younger, and had the foresight, I'm sure we'd be thinking similar things.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 03:52 PM

New Zealand does look nice, but l believe they only want Moslems
now for some reason?
But if you are seriously thinking of emigrating, my advice would be
to choose a country that is relatvely poorer than UK ? That is to say
has a higher rate of exchange compared to the £ ! Especially if
you are a pensioner ??
Then the price you get for your property here will buy you up to
three times the value in your new country, plus your pension would
be three times the value as well ?? All this coupled with a lower
cost of living !! You may even have enough over to pay into a
health scheme ?
Just be prepared to stay there for the rest of your life because
returning to UK will return you to being a pauper again !!

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2021, 04:02 PM

Yes of course.

I'm not talking about emigrating right now, nor myself emigrating at all at my age. However, young people with the skills and/or money could be well advised to do that in the future as things become worse in this country.

I know it's a sad thing to think about now, and some would say cowardly, but I can see what is happening regarding safety, law and order, the economy, living space, etc., and the worst thing is that no-one in authority seems the slightest bit concerned or willing to do anything about it.

I think we here on OFF and others of our age are, in some ways, lucky. If we were in our 20s or younger, and had the foresight, I'm sure we'd be thinking similar things.

COWARDLY ??
Nah! You just need the guts to do it imo !!
But as you are presumably almost pension age then you don't need to
consider skills etc? Just study the chosen country carefully before
the decision is made ?

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

02-06-2021, 04:06 PM

Rat catcher?
How old are you Todgy ??
Skills ??
Enough money to invest cuts it every time !!!
Sod skills !!

Donkeyman! 👍😀😀👍

PS. Better still leave the money invested here and draw your
dividends out there !!

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top