Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 10:57 AM

waterfall

Any ideas on how to proceed with improvements will be welcomed. Such as longer intro is it too short- is the video too short or to long- does it hold your interest

This time with a short heading and clipped together with fade in and fade out which took a bit of time to compile and edit

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 11:02 AM

Re: waterfall

Don't do a long pan right followed by a long pan left. Instead of zooming in, cut straight to a close up. Too much moving around all at once is bad for the eyes.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 11:37 AM

Thank you this is what I want to know. Ok it is an old video but I can still learn from it
Just a quick mention that panning too fast on a camcorder will either not focus quickly enough or cut out as it can't handle a fast pan motion
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 11:44 AM

Well I have to disagree with LD, I'm afraid. In order to appreciate the sheer size of this waterfall, I really liked the long pan right and left. The close up of the waterfall was impressive as well - this is a real force of nature. The only thing I would say is try not to include so many people (unless they are family of course). But overall I liked it.
Everyone has different tastes, RS, remember to capture what you enjoy and forget about appealing to the majority, because it can't happen, as I'm sure you have experienced.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-06-2021, 11:51 AM

Thank you PK. I included (but could have cut out from video) the people on that platform to show how close one could get. The more opinions I get the better to be able to cater for all tasts as they say. The place was crowded as it is a major tourist attraction
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 11:54 AM

Yes that's fair enough, and I suppose it shows how tiny we humans are in comparison!
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

03-06-2021, 01:09 PM

Always difficult to comment.

Everyone’s taste is different. We have a saying in Sweden that translates ”Taste is like your bottom - divided”.

Obviously impossible to get everything in in one shot but I would just pan in one directlon. I would have excluded the girl in close up at 53 seconds as well as the young man and just had a short sequence with the crowd so nobody could be easily identifiable.

It’s always hard to eliminate camera shake when you zoom in handheld. Have you considered using a monopod? Much easier to carry than a tripod and people won’t trip over it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 01:18 PM

RS Wouldn’t it be better to ask these questions on a Photography Forum? I would have thought you would have more response there.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-06-2021, 01:21 PM

removed
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-06-2021, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
RS Wouldn’t it be better to ask these questions on a Photography Forum? I would have thought you would have more response there.
Not really Mags, on a photographic site most on there are used to and do fine pick faults, and rightly so. I would prefer to get opinions from members on here that are more like the comments the general public would make.

Questions get asked and commented on the photos posted and as videos are another form of showing what has been photographed i cannot see any reason why not put videos on here.

Just a suggestion , delete the brexit thread as that is now over and done with and replace with a video thread instead. it is already creating more interest . Nothing wrong in trying out something new to widen subject matter

Others talk about cooking and include what equipment they use such as an oven and the ingrediants which are used, two different subjects under one umbrella . Yet stills photography and video photography has been suggested not to go together. Very strange

May be time for another mod to look after the more technical issues such as construction -photography obviously- motoring and leave subjects our fantastic mods that have interests elsewhere to look after

I rest my case

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top