Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:06 PM

Re: waterfall

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Realspeed,
I hope I don't come over as trying to teach my mother to suck eggs as I merely want to critique and maybe offer some help.

If ever you do this again, before you start shooting work out a storyboard in your mind's eye.......how you would want you viewer to see what you have to offer.

A static scene, either a still or video, it matters not, on which you can overtype an introduction.

Do not have the background noise of the waterfall - it is an assault on the ears.........far too loud and intrusive.

Follow that with one pan only and stop recording. Then pick parts of the scene and zoom/out or whatever to record the sheer volume and stop recording. Do this several times covering all you want to record.

Make sure, as you already have, to have people in the shot, just to give a scale to the immensity and might of the waterfall.

Post processing: Choose a piece of music that is in contrast to the visual content.........that will enhance the impact of the video.

Note the length of time the music is - try to aim for a length of music a little longer than the video.

Load up the music into the video editor, then load the introduction page, the panorama followed by the various scenes, zooms and the like.

Each section should have a 2 second transition, either a fade in/out or a page curl............don't just switch with no transition.

Now for some of the shots, especially the zooms, slow the video down so the viewer can see how nature behaves, and also to match the length of the music.

Now consider inserting some text giving the facts about Niagara Falls, to keep the interest high. Fade out the music if necessary toward the end of the video

Finally, insert a plain credits page, type in your credits and have the background noise of the falls to close the presentation.

I hope this helps and gives you some ideas.
I agree 100% Poobear. The art is in the editing.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:30 PM

very helpfull thank you so much, I have a lot to learn to make them look more professional. When and if I ever go to Niagara Falls I will bear that in mind.
These are the Iguazu Falls in Brazil
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
very helpfull thank you so much, I have a lot to learn to make them look more professional. When and if I ever go to Niagara Falls I will bear that in mind.
These are the Iguazu Falls in Brazil
Lol. And therein lies part of the problem realspeed.......I was so busy reducing the volume I missed the opening title.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:58 AM

the noise when there is actually deafening. We were lucky as the river was full so the waterfall was really spectacular. the view from the Argentine side was not so good to view from we were informed

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top