Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 02:43 PM

Re: Now tell me why our police should not be armed.

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Made me chuckle. Have you thought of a career in the judiciary?
My wife is a magistrate.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
My wife is a magistrate.
Outstanding!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
It is impossible to teach thugs ANYTHING. They don't care, and, moreover, the more heavily armed the cops are, the more heavily armed the thugs become.

I hate to say it but, the U.K. has already lost the battle. Anytime national borders mean nothing, anytime you allow one and all to become residents, your culture is doomed.
Soon, your country will become a war zone.

I agree with that bakerman....
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
It won't stay just in London. Those people are drug users/dealers. It USED TO BE just in the big cities of America. It is now in EVERY town in America. Even in the middle schools (grades 6-8).

Arming cops is opening Pandora's Box. I guarantee that once cops are armed, it is only a matter of time before cops will begin shooting unarmed civilians. Including little kids. Yes, that's right. I said little kids. I have lost track of how many little kids were killed by trigger happy cops.

Cops in America routinely murder the homeless, severely mentally ill, and in one recent case, a nurse who was peacefully sleeping in her own bed when cops mistakenly raided the wrong house.

Cop culture is a macho culture. Not only that , but cop culture attracts those who enjoy violence.

So, if you want your relatives, friends, neighbors to be drug out of their cars and beaten within an inch of their lives, then by all means, arm cops. If you want your towns, villages etc to look like downtown Beirut, then by all means, arm cops.

It's a very slippery slope.
It is indeed a slippery slope, bakerman. Used to be there weren't all of the drugs and drug dealers years ago in the the small towns of America. There are now. Times have changed in every city across the world, including London and Beruit. You can't compare using a cop stick to threaten someone on drugs, like a common burglar of years past.

Cope routinely kill, maim and harm those innocents?? Yes, a few do. But you don't point out the millions of calls to service every single day for police to come to the aid of someone being abused, robbed, beaten, threatened with a weapon, or their home broken into. Compare the good and brave acts police do for the entire population of our country.

Tell me, Bakerman. Who do you call when you need assistance from a home breakin? Or when someone does a hit and run with your child? Or someone abducts your child from the playground? Or someone randomly holds up your corner grocery store while your wife is trying to buy bread?
I have an idea it won't be your next door neighbor druggie. Or thugs on the corner where you live. My guess is is the closest police department.

But then, if you bad mouth law enforcement on a routine basis, who else have you got to call??
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->

But then, if you bad mouth law enforcement on a routine basis, who else have you got to call??
Ghostbusters.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
It is indeed a slippery slope, bakerman. Used to be there weren't all of the drugs and drug dealers years ago in the the small towns of America. There are now. Times have changed in every city across the world, including London and Beruit. You can't compare using a cop stick to threaten someone on drugs, like a common burglar of years past.

Cope routinely kill, maim and harm those innocents?? Yes, a few do. But you don't point out the millions of calls to service every single day for police to come to the aid of someone being abused, robbed, beaten, threatened with a weapon, or their home broken into. Compare the good and brave acts police do for the entire population of our country.

Tell me, Bakerman. Who do you call when you need assistance from a home breakin? Or when someone does a hit and run with your child? Or someone abducts your child from the playground? Or someone randomly holds up your corner grocery store while your wife is trying to buy bread?
I have an idea it won't be your next door neighbor druggie. Or thugs on the corner where you live. My guess is is the closest police department.

I agree with this Right Now, the media seems hell bent of showing every police force in a bad light. Fact is, we'd be shafted without them. Most coppers I know treat the job as a vocation and want to serve the community the best way they can.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 09:14 PM

The trick is to look at countries with low rates of crime and see how we can emulate those conditions.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
The trick is to look at countries with low rates of crime and see how we can emulate those conditions.
Start with parents.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If people use knives or machetes in violent fights, they cannot be sure that they won't kill people .
Giving the police guns will just make these people more violent and they may kill the police.

I am sick of hearing people say "we shouldn't kill murderers" then complain that people are regularly killed on our streets.

If we want to stop violent attacks, lets kill the people responsible for them & teach others that violence is not acceptable and we wont tolerate it with just a few years in prison as punishment!

I don't agree that it makes us as bad as the criminals, and those who think that way would soon change their mind if these violent criminals killed somebody they love, when released from prison >

Every time these events are reported there will be others who think they can do the same.... and it will get worse.
Exactly. Basically, the anti-capital punishment people are saying it's wrong to hang murderers, but we can live with murderers killing people.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 09:34 PM

Do frontline police want to carry guns, have they been asked for an opinion even.

Armed officers are limited but they are highly trained, not all officers would necessarily have the aptitude.

During an arrest for instance, the risk of the officer being disarmed a greater danger.

The relationship between them and the public irreversible changed.

In countries where the police are armed, they still have terrorist attacks.

Politicians and Police have a difficult problem, only they should decide.

Think they will resist pressure.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top