Join for free
littleannie
Cheshire UK
littleannie is female 

03-06-2021, 08:24 PM

Text gone small on tablet

My husband has an Android tablet. When he searches for anything on Google, either in Chrome or the Internet Browser, the text goes very small. He has to enlarge it by sliding apart with his fingers. It has only just started to do it. I have tried enlarging the text in accessibility in the settings, but that hasn't worked. I have rebooted the tablet. I can't find the answer on Google. I don't know what else to try. Can anyone help please?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 08:36 PM

Re: Text gone small on tablet

Originally Posted by littleannie ->
My husband has an Android tablet. When he searches for anything on Google, either in Chrome or the Internet Browser, the text goes very small. He has to enlarge it by sliding apart with his fingers. It has only just started to do it. I have tried enlarging the text in accessibility in the settings, but that hasn't worked. I have rebooted the tablet. I can't find the answer on Google. I don't know what else to try. Can anyone help please?
Try looking for a setting DPI (dots per inch).

It might be in Google settings or somewhere else.

Don't know your tablet but this setting shows up as a culprit on some web sites.
littleannie
Cheshire UK
littleannie is female 

03-06-2021, 08:54 PM

Sorry Tedc, that doesn't seem to show up anywhere on the tablet.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 12:01 AM

This may help:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/25/8...-easier-how-to

The Chrome Android browser has its own separate setting for increasing text size across the web:
  • Open Chrome, tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner, and select “Settings”
  • Tap “Accessibility,” then adjust the “Text scaling” slider until the text is comfortable for you to read

You can also activate a system-wide magnification feature that’ll let you zoom in on any area of your screen to make it meaningfully larger.
  • Go back to the “Accessibility” section
  • Tap on the “Magnification” option
  • You will have the choice of either magnifying with a triple-tap or using an “Accessibility” button. Tap on the feature you’d like to activate, and turn it on.
  • If you enable the “Accessibility” button, you’ll then see a small icon that looks like a person on the far right of your bottom icon bar. When you tap on that and then drag your finger around your screen, the contents will be considerably magnified.
I'v tried it on my Motorola G7 Plus phone running Android 10 and Chrome 90.0.4430.210 - it works.

littleannie
Cheshire UK
littleannie is female 

04-06-2021, 08:37 AM

Thank you so much Omah. That works!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top