Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 10:52 PM

Re: When will GPs, dentists, Councils get back to normal?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I believe that an initial consultation is not very expensive. Marge once had one regarding a joint pain problem.

I imagine that any treatment, especially surgery, would become rather more expensive.

Of course, if you're rich like TAT, it should be no problem at all!
I'm not rich in the least! Hell's teeth, I don't eve earn enough to pay UK tax.

As for surgical procedures, if you're prepared to travel a few miles in the UK prices vary tremendously.

Let's take a HoLep procedure - prostate reaming by laser and overnight stay. Readily available for under £5,000 and can be and can be paid for "on the drip" (couldn't resist that!) over ten months. Hip replacement UK typically around £12,000 with around a week in hospital. Obviously costs increase depending on bells and whistles ---. Much cheaper in some EU countries but I've heard of a couple of folk had bad experiences.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yet....

hmmm.... one or t'other eh?
It's perfectly simple Anne.
I have no idea about Ms Vorderman in particular.

I do, however, sometimes wonder how on earth she managed to be elevated to the rank of Group Captain in the RAF.

Well, perhaps I have a suspicion!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's perfectly simple Anne.
I have no idea
nuff said...

ezduzit
USofA
ezduzit is male 

16-06-2021, 08:47 PM

I don't want my dentist to get back to normal, I want him to move forward with the times!

Something that really bothered me even before Covid was dentists that wore gloves while working on my teeth, then would leave the room while my Novocaine was kicking in, for instance, then go into another room to work on someone else, then come back to me and work on my mouth without ever changing their gloves.

So in essence, their golve-age is protecting them, but not me.
How expensive are latex gloves anyway? Plus, they are a tax write-off, no?

Subway changes their gloves constantly.
Heck, find out where they buy theirs and buy yours there!

I haven't been to a dentist since Covid just for that fact, so I have been taking extra good care of my teeth...brushing several times a day, flossing, brush picks, and using an anti-cavity mouthwash with sodium fluoride nightly.

When I choose my next dentist I will make a point in asking if they take proper precautions for all their patients as well, before I book an appointment.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:48 PM

how do you know they don't change their gloves?
ezduzit
USofA
ezduzit is male 

16-06-2021, 10:04 PM

Because when they walk into any room where a box of gloves is and don't remove the previous ones and take new ones out of the box, either when they walk out of the room to work on someone else, or when they then enter to then work on me.

One of the patients would get to see gloves being changed out, preferably the current one who is now going to be worked on.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:11 PM

That was my first thought too, Annie.

Anyway, I think we have every right to politely ask them if you're worried, especially under the present circumstances.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-06-2021, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by ezduzit ->
Because when they walk into any room where a box of gloves is and don't remove the previous ones and take new ones out of the box, either when they walk out of the room to work on someone else, or when they then enter to then work on me.

One of the patients would get to see gloves being changed out, preferably the current one who is now going to be worked on.
So they leave the doors open when they walk out and you can see them working on the other patient? It maybe is a practice in the US but not in the UK. Have never seen a dentist go and work on someone else during an appointment. It's more like something a hairdresser would do. But yes they primarily wear gloves to protect themselves from infectious patients.
ezduzit
USofA
ezduzit is male 

17-06-2021, 08:14 AM

So they leave the doors open when they walk out and you can see them working on the other patient? ...

But yes they primarily wear gloves to protect themselves from infectious patients.
I've heard them numerous times.

One obvious one was the dental assistant knew that my crown had just been cemented and was going to take a while to harden, so as they were finishing up she prepped him for the next patient by saying that's Billy _______, you haven't seen him since last year.
He leaves my room and in the next room I hear him say in a jovial voice Hi Billy, I haven't seen you in a while...

As for the hand protection from infectious patients, I want my mouth protected from those people as well, since my mouth is more likely to get infected than his or her gloves that most likely won't end up in or near their mouth, once they get in the habit of not touching their face with their hands, like we all had to learn recently.

To each their own I guess.

At work I never touch my food with my hands if they're not washed first.
If it's in a baggie and not fork or spoonable for instance, I'll hold the baggie around that piece and place the piece in my mouth, which causes some people who don't wash their hands but touch their food to comment.

Our mouths are more susceptible to diseases, yet some don't care and don't seem to get sick from it...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-06-2021, 08:31 AM

Perhaps just the way they work in your surgery. In the UK they have fire doors which close automatically and I've never heard a dentist talk to another patient during examination as that would breach patient confidentiality rules. They also take their gloves off and throw them into a special bin before leaving the room. The last time I visited a dentist he was in full PPE including a visor and they disinfected the exam room between visits.

If you feel this way then you should change your dentist.

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top