Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:28 AM

Re: Hygienist

Pauline it’s sounds like she was doing a below the gum clean when they do numb the gum but it’s should not have been painful.
I am a needle phobic and If it were me I would have still been running .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=Muddy;2100340]Pauline it’s sounds like she was doing a below the gum clean when they do numb the gum but it’s should not have been painful.

Yes, that now makes sense, I believe it was below the gum, you are right,....I tell you,I felt like a dart board, after she had done all the necessary with the gel and needle, I didn’t feel it, only the sensation, when it all started to wear off,I felt it then,...it was the swallowing and the feeling my airways were closing up, I felt my lips were so swollen like I’d had Botox, you know them trout pots,

I’m in fear now,of visiting her again, I going to ask my dentist if she can do it next time, I will explain everything that I experienced to her.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
It didn’t affect me like this the last time she injected my gums plus numbing them, when she put that gel stuff on,I nearly went through the roof, plus I can’t remember her, injecting me all over my gums the last time.
Maybe she had more work to do on them, it’s that electric thing they use, to get all the tartare build up and plaque off, it’s to much for me, I even felt the sensation of it, even after all of the numbing and injection.
I will definitely be consulting my dentist over this, when I see her in July.
Is it possible she used a different anaesthetising product? I am fine with some. They use the adrenaline ones because they need to use less to keep you numb longer. I guess it's win win financially too.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Is it possible she used a different anaesthetising product? I am fine with some. They use the adrenaline ones because they need to use less to keep you numb longer. I guess it's win win financially too.

I have no idea,Annie, I never thought about that, I should have asked her,...but I will definitely be asking my dentist what she used, it was completely different experience to the last time I saw her, so she may well have used a different anaesthetising product, she won’t be using that on me again, thanks for that information Annie, I would never have thought that, I will relay it back to my dentist,

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top