Join for free
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:14 PM

At Last! The crop is finished!

The Feijoa tree has finally stopped dropping hundreds and hundreds of fruit! We have made jam, chutney, given them to neighbours, donated to the local church foodbank and eaten them as fast as we can! Had a box up at the gate with a help yourself sign on it. I have never seen a fruit bearing tree that crops like this does.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:19 PM

Re: At Last! The crop is finished!

Yum wish I could try one
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:23 PM

These look delicious! I had a wee look online about them, and apparently its like a guava fruit and can be grown in the UK (with great care). Its leaves are like those of an olive tree. I'd really like to try one too (to eat, not grow)
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:44 AM

Yes, like Pixie, I looked these up too. They sound rather delicious (I love guava, so I'm pretty sure I'd love these too).
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:51 AM

Those look delicious!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top