Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 05:56 PM

The Third Eye.....

I saw this on Sky News and thought it was hilarious! A South Korean guy has invented a gadget to wear, so it warns mobile phone users that they are about to bump into things while engrossed in their phones!
https://news.sky.com/story/third-eye...hings-12325182
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 09:34 PM

Re: The Third Eye.....

For a minute there Pixie I thought you were describing something quite different...

Quote:

The third eye (also known as the inner eye) is a mystical and esoteric concept referring in part to the ajna (brow) chakra in certain Eastern and Western spiritual traditions. It is also spoken of as the gate that leads within to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness. In New Age spirituality, the third eye may alternately symbolize a state of enlightenment or the evocation of mental images having deeply-personal spiritual or psychological significance. The third eye is often associated with visions, clairvoyance (which includes the ability to observe chakras and auras), precognition, and out-of-body experiences, and people who have allegedly developed the capacity to utilize their third eyes are sometimes known as seers.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 09:41 PM

Haha! Yes Foxy, it did occur to me that people might mistake it for that, but oh well...I can't amend the thread title, so I wrote a bit of blurb to clarify
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 09:51 PM

He's got a real one!

The tuatara has a third eye on the top of its head called the parietal eye. It has its own lens, a parietal plug which resembles a cornea,[61] retina with rod-like structures, and degenerated nerve connection to the brain.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 09:54 PM

how ridiculous but you can bet it sells lol
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

05-06-2021, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
He's got a real one!

The tuatara has a third eye on the top of its head called the parietal eye. It has its own lens, a parietal plug which resembles a cornea,[61] retina with rod-like structures, and degenerated nerve connection to the brain.
Thats very weird, Ciders....I wonder what use it is though....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

05-06-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
how ridiculous but you can bet it sells lol
It would in places like Japan I think...not so much over here. Nobody has manners over here and just wander and bump regardless.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Probably evolved so they could see when those Pterodactyls were swooping down to gobble them up
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
For a minute there Pixie I thought you were describing something quite different...

Quote:

The third eye (also known as the inner eye) is a mystical and esoteric concept referring in part to the ajna (brow) chakra in certain Eastern and Western spiritual traditions. It is also spoken of as the gate that leads within to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness. In New Age spirituality, the third eye may alternately symbolize a state of enlightenment or the evocation of mental images having deeply-personal spiritual or psychological significance. The third eye is often associated with visions, clairvoyance (which includes the ability to observe chakras and auras), precognition, and out-of-body experiences, and people who have allegedly developed the capacity to utilize their third eyes are sometimes known as seers.
Lobsang Rampa's book of that name comes to mind.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

06-06-2021, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Here's a longer explanation Pixie. The eye apparently isn't used for seeing.

The tuatara has a third eye on the top of its head called the parietal eye. It has its own lens, a parietal plug which resembles a cornea, retina with rod-like structures, and degenerated nerve connection to the brain. The parietal eye is visible only in hatchlings, which have a translucent patch at the top centre of the skull. After four to six months, it becomes covered with opaque scales and pigment. Its purpose is unknown, but it may be useful in absorbing ultraviolet rays to produce vitamin D, as well as to determine light/dark cycles, and help with thermoregulation. Of all extant tetrapods, the parietal eye is most pronounced in the tuatara. It is part of the pineal complex, another part of which is the pineal gland, which in tuatara secretes melatonin at night. Some salamanders have been shown to use their pineal bodies to perceive polarised light, and thus determine the position of the sun, even under cloud cover, aiding navigation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top