Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 02:32 PM

Re: Vaccination Discrimination plans afoot....

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How does that work then Ted?
If everyone has been vaccinated why should they worry...
Furthermore, the person who is unvaccinated could catch the virus off a vaccinated person who is infected but showing no symptoms.

May I remind you....Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch it or pass it on....
The vaccines are, at best, 90% effective.

It seems more logical to join the 90% rather than the others.

90% may be the best I can do.

At least, if I catch it, I've attempted to put myself on the side of those who care about infecting others.

Especially in the light of the results we're seeing in the latest catching/deaths by the virus.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

At least, if I catch it, I've attempted to put myself on the side of those who care about infecting others.

Especially in the light of the results we're seeing in the latest catching/deaths by the virus.
Well said Ted. 👍
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
No, but do I need to be to express an opinion?
It would be preferable Barry, if you are going to give me advice on vaccines...What happens if based on your advice I have the jab, get a blood clot and die?
Will you take care of Mrs Fox and Maddie the cat? Will you pay all the bills once my income has been stopped? Will you decorate the house when it needs doing? Will you come and tend to the garden? Drive her to her medical appointments? Take her to tesco twice per week? Take her out to the seaside and fancy restaurants? .........Not even the companies who make the vaccines will take that responsibility while the vaccines are still in the experimental stage...Have you read their disclaimer?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Are you referring to the 90% who have never caught the virus Ted? I'm one of those, and it's a safe bet that you are too, so why would I have a vaccine for something I will never catch? I haven't had the malaria medication either because I'll never be going anywhere where it's required. But if I do, I will have the medication.
And the likelyhood is, you will have to have another half a dozen jabs in the next two years, they are already trialing a third jab here in Yorkshire....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 06:01 PM

It would be preferable Barry, if you are going to give me advice on vaccines..
But would you take notice even then, as you seem to ignore every other bit of medical evidence available!

However, as you rightly say, it is your right not to have it and I wish you and your family continued good health, it looks like we just need to agree to disagree on this one.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-06-2021, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
But would you take notice even then, as you seem to ignore every other bit of medical evidence available!

However, as you rightly say, it is your right not to have it and I wish you and your family continued good health, it looks like we just need to agree to disagree on this one.
No problem and thanks Barry, but I don't ignore any medical evidence, I read it all. I just prefer to err on the side of caution....
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 07:13 AM

Pretty much the same discrimination is demanded over here but not by politicians, in the first place, but by those who got vaccinated first while others still have to wait for months to get their first jab. Some call those demands the end of solidarity while those vaccinated call it reclaiming their civil liberties that they would badly need in order to be able to travel again.

There's not just a dividing line between the vaccinated and those who aren't but also between the older generation and the younger. The young accepted that they had to wait for the retirees to be vaccinated first only to experience now that the retirees are the first to enjoy the freedom of travelling while the young still have to wait and are virtually housebound although it's them who have been working hard during the pandemic to keep society afloat.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
Pretty much the same discrimination is demanded over here but not by politicians, in the first place, but by those who got vaccinated first while others still have to wait for months to get their first jab. Some call those demands the end of solidarity while those vaccinated call it reclaiming their civil liberties that they would badly need in order to be able to travel again.

There's not just a dividing line between the vaccinated and those who aren't but also between the older generation and the younger. The young accepted that they had to wait for the retirees to be vaccinated first only to experience now that the retirees are the first to enjoy the freedom of travelling while the young still have to wait and are virtually housebound although it's them who have been working hard during the pandemic to keep society afloat.
Dachs, I can see why there is a degree of pouting and flouncing around then, by the youngsters! It must be hard trying to do the right thing for no reward.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 09:26 AM

How does that work then Ted?
If everyone has been vaccinated why should they worry...
Furthermore, the person who is unvaccinated could catch the virus off a vaccinated person who is infected but showing no symptoms.

May I remind you....Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch it or pass it on....
Yes but you are far less likely to pass it on. It's not multiplying in your lungs and being coughed out all over the place.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-06-2021, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yes but you are far less likely to pass it on. It's not multiplying in your lungs and being coughed out all over the place.
I didn't know you were virologist d00d....?
Was it the BBC who told you that?

If it's multiplying in your lungs you are going nowhere except to a hospital...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top