Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 09:27 AM

Re: I need help to set a booby trap please...

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Good idea,Meg....she could even contact her local paper ,if she got nowhere with the gas board....they would not appreciate bad publicity....so am sure would rectify the situation she’s in.
Pauline, l would never use publicity via the newspapers to solve matters as it could make things worse.
Using that sort of publicity, puts you ‘on the map’ and suddenly everyone knows where you live and that you may be vulnerable.
It might then encourage even worse perpetrators from a wider area.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, l would never use publicity via the newspapers to solve matters as it could make things worse.
Using that sort of publicity, puts you ‘on the map’ and suddenly everyone knows where you live and that you may be vulnerable.
It might then encourage even worse perpetrators from a wider area.
Art, I don’t live in fear, therefore would willingly uncover the gas board, if they didn’t rectify the problem.

I have also reported a carer who was abusing a vulnerable service user, they were sacked, they obviously had to get the necessary proof that this was happening, a camera in the room was installed I believe.

Same with dog crap, reported a neighbour to the dog warden, for not cleaning up after their dog in the field, remember I have cctv, the dog warden sent them a letter,I asked him to tell them it was me who reported them.

Same as the abuse I got from another neighbour, captured on my cctv..reported to police, dealt with, they never bother me anymore.

As I say I don’t live in “ Fear” I have done in the past,....if I see a real injustice I will report it.

Regardless of what I get called and I’ve been called plenty by quite a few neighbours.......some people want to rule the roost...I’m not like that, I believe in being fair,not a one way street!

My fear feeding days by bullies ,are long over....bullies feed off your fear.

Bullies target the weak, and they sure know who are the ones who are weak...I take a lot.....but, there is a line ,once crossed....watch out...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 10:16 AM

Art, I don’t live in fear, therefore would willingly uncover the gas board, if they didn’t rectify the problem.

I have also reported a carer who was abusing a vulnerable service user, they were sacked, they obviously had to get the necessary proof that this was happening, a camera in the room was installed I believe.

Same with dog crap, reported a neighbour to the dog warden, for not cleaning up after their dog in the field, remember I have cctv, the dog warden sent them a letter,I asked him to tell them it was me who reported them.

Same as the abuse I got from another neighbour, captured on my cctv..reported to police, dealt with, they never bother me anymore.

As I say I don’t live in “ Fear” I have done in the past,....if I see a real injustice I will report it.

Regardless of what I get called and I’ve been called plenty by quite a few neighbours.......some people want to rule the roost...I’m not like that, I believe in being fair,not a one way street!

My fear feeding days by bullies ,are long over....bullies feed off your fear.

Bullies target the weak, and they sure know who are the ones who are weak...I take a lot.....but, there is a line ,once crossed....watch out...
Pauline, l am not talking about fear. I am talking about unwanted publicity.
Out of interest have you had your pic, your name and your property location shown in the newspapers to publicise your neighbour spats and vendettas?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 10:20 AM

Pauline, l am not talking about fear. I am talking about unwanted publicity.
Out of interest have you had your pic, your name and your property location shown in the newspapers whilst publicising your neighbour spats and vendettas?

What?

Who said I reported my spats to the newspapers?

I reported the vendetta to the necessary authority.

You are telling me not to do what I suggested, therefore you are living in fear of the consequences of such action, so yes it’s all about fear.

You are concerned on what would happen to you, if you took such action.......scared in fear..that is my opinion.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-06-2021, 10:26 AM

I also don’t care if I’m put on the map as you say.....as it would all be to do with an injustice, which needs to be publicised in some cases...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-06-2021, 10:26 AM

What?

Who said I reported my spats to the newspapers?

I reported the vendetta to the necessary authority.

You are telling me not to do what I suggested, therefore you are living in fear of the consequences of such action, so yes it’s all about fear.
Pauline, l don’t think you read my posts #22 & #23 properly. I was referring to you advising Carol to go to the newspapers and l said, l wouldn’t go down that path as it puts you and your property ‘on the map’.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-06-2021, 10:29 AM

, l wouldn’t go down that path as it puts you and your property ‘on the map’.

And?.......so you would be worried of the consequences of your actions,...therefore in fear of people knowing where you live and what they may do to you.

We’re talking if the gas board didn’t rectify the problem....with her door.

The paper would not necessarily post her address, name ,yes, or maybe not....

Do you think someone would petrol bomb her house if she did that?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-06-2021, 10:41 AM

And?.......so you would be worried of the consequences of your actions,...therefore in fear of people knowing where you live and what they may do to you.

We’re talking if the gas board didn’t rectify the problem....with her door.

The paper would not necessarily post her address, name ,yes, or maybe not....

Do you think someone would petrol bomb her house if she did that?
Errrrm Isn’t publicity about showing pics and locations, you know....Carol standing next to the vandalised gas meter door pouting and giving an interview?
Without that, it’s going to be a non story, isn’t it? Newspaper reporters and editors want blood to sell their publications!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Carol I agree with those who say contact British gas.
There should be a customer service number on their website

I would say you are elderly with a disabled husband and are very worried someone because someone is tampering with your gas cupboard and can they suggest any course of action.

The onus is then on them to help you out or risk bad publicity.
Good idea Meg, 👍 the utilities have the onus of care and priority for older people and those with disabilities.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-06-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You can clearly see the meter cupboard attached to my wall & you can also see that it's on a public footpath & can be vandalised by anybody who's passing.

Maybe you could fix metal bars to the wall ,all around the box ,like they do on some windows, as long as the meter man has a way of accessing the meter cupboard..

I have a key meter, which is outside in my shed, that’s attached to the house, so is well protected.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top