Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:01 AM

Re: I need help to set a booby trap please...

Oh wow - e-on have taken notice!!

I just found this reply to my message on face-book messenger.

Below is C&P.

Now I think they're taking me seriously.

Hi Carol, thanks for sending over your account details.

I'm sorry to hear the above. If you'd like to move the gas meter, then there is a process we need to follow:

If the gas meter is going to be moved by less than one and a half metres (assuming the pipework will reach and the meter stays on the back board or same side of the wall) this is classed as a minor meter move and we can book an appointment for you to get it done -
To arrange a suitable time for an engineer to attend and get that sorted out for you please contact our Appointments Team directly on 0345 302 4265 - Opening hours Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm.

If you want to move the meter by more than one and a half metres or move it onto a different wall then you'll need to contact the local gas distribution network for your area and request a service alteration, this would be classes as a major gas meter move.

Hope the above makes sense Carol.

^MN
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Oh wow - e-on have taken notice!!

I just found this reply to my message on face-book messenger.

Below is C&P.

Now I think they're taking me seriously.

Hi Carol, thanks for sending over your account details.

I'm sorry to hear the above. If you'd like to move the gas meter, then there is a process we need to follow:

If the gas meter is going to be moved by less than one and a half metres (assuming the pipework will reach and the meter stays on the back board or same side of the wall) this is classed as a minor meter move and we can book an appointment for you to get it done -
To arrange a suitable time for an engineer to attend and get that sorted out for you please contact our Appointments Team directly on 0345 302 4265 - Opening hours Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm.

If you want to move the meter by more than one and a half metres or move it onto a different wall then you'll need to contact the local gas distribution network for your area and request a service alteration, this would be classes as a major gas meter move.

Hope the above makes sense Carol.

^MN
Brilliant news, well done, I just hope you don’t have to pay for it.

I read you don’t usually have to pay for a minor move.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
If you are looking forward to “ inking” their fingers up, especially posting here for all to see, you are taking revenge onto yourself, therefore no different to them, it could be kids that are doing this, that’s if it is being vandalised, you don’t know, what if they get that ink in their eyes?

You certainly haven’t thought through what you are about to do, you are imo reacting as a child would.....all this hate you have for your neighbour/ s won’t do your health any good...

After you ink them up, then what Carol?....wait for the revenge from the other side, watch it spiral.....oh well, up to you in the end, you’ll do what you want to do anyway, regardless of members giving good advice.

Just seeing it from my point of view that’s all Carol....
Pauline, with respect...the neighbours (or whoever it is) really shouldn't be tampering with dangerous equipment. Its a difficult situation to deal with, and if they get ink on themselves due to their own reckless regard of another persons property, its their own fault. In my opinion, Carol is trying to stop a situation escalating, while she negotiates with the gas board to get a permanent solution.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:14 AM

I may hold the 'inking' off now or the 'meter mover' will get covered in it. Apparently it can remain gel like for years before drying up!

They didn't mention a charge so I'm hoping it will be done for free.
I shall ask them though just in case.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:15 AM

Can I ask Carol whether the box itself is damaged or just the door, because if the box is OK then new doors are usually available and very simple to fit...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Pauline, with respect...the neighbours (or whoever it is) really shouldn't be tampering with dangerous equipment. Its a difficult situation to deal with, and if they get ink on themselves due to their own reckless regard of another persons property, its their own fault. In my opinion, Carol is trying to stop a situation escalating, while she negotiates with the gas board to get a permanent solution.

With respect, that is your opinion, my opinion as you can see differs, for me 2 wrongs don’t make it right, you are taking the law into your own hands , a very immature way of dealing with a alleged damage done by neighbours, they have been disputing stuff for years, this isn’t an isolated incident......after inking what next, maybe come out to see a tin of paint all over her car.

Revenge in that way does not pay, that has been my experience...only once have I taken revenge in my whole life ,never again, I learnt from it.

I was also told by a police officer ,never to retaliate , I had problems with a neighbour, he dumped a load of stones all over my car park, because I disagreed with him over owning my car space, I told the police I’m going to do the same to him, they advised me not to, as they have seen these sort of disputes spiral out of control.
Good sound advice, I listened.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 09:32 AM

*** Some off topic bickering posts have been removed
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

09-06-2021, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Can I ask Carol whether the box itself is damaged or just the door, because if the box is OK then new doors are usually available and very simple to fit...

If I had a new door the vandals would just rip it off again.

I am requesting the meter be moved to a more private part of my propery.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:37 AM

I am requesting the meter be moved to a more private part of my propery

Seems the best idea Carol.
Good luck.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:45 AM

I am requesting the meter be moved to a more private part of my propery.
Yes, best idea if possible Carol but reading your earlier post the distance to move it would certainly be more than 1.5 metres, so that may be expensive..

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top