Join for free
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 10:36 AM

Louise Minchin....

....announced on BBC Breakfast this morning that she's leaving the breakfast program after 20 years on the sofa.I think she is a good presenter.I prefer the BBC morning news.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 10:41 AM

Re: Louise Minchin....

That is a shame, she is one of the more down to earth members of the news team.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes, that is a shame but I can well understand her comment about having to set the alarm for 03.40 in the morning. I also enjoyed my working life, much of which was governed by 'silly' hours, those hours don't do anyone any good at all over the longer term. Good luck to her and the plans she has for her future working life.

"Minchin first presented the BBC One morning programme in 2001 and became one of its lead presenters in 2012 when production moved to Salford.

She told viewers she had loved being on the show but "it is time I stopped setting my alarm for 03:40", and is now looking forward to "lots of lie-ins"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57397820
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 07:24 PM

Another one leaving the sinking ship. She is the only one I watch for news items in the morning. If Naga is on, I immediately switch over. I think Louise will be missed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->

Yes, I like her too. Do we know when she's going?
So much better, and nicer, than that Naga whatever-her-name is.

Wonder who will replace her?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Nothing on the news item on my post #3 giving a link, about where she is going when she leaves but as to 'when' this was given as "some time after the summer'". There is talk of Sally Nugent perhaps replacing her but nothing definite.

"Asked what she would do next, she replied: "Anybody who watches will be very well aware my passion is endurance sport, and I will absolutely continue to do that. I've got lots of really exciting adventures planned. I'm trying to write a book about that as well.

"And I'll continue with my podcast, which is all about the mental and physical benefits of sport and exercise.

"And I'll be having lots of lie-ins. That's what I'm most excited about right now.""

This is the BBC News link I posted this morning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57397820
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 12:11 PM

I will miss her, she's like a breath of fresh air in the morning, but I so understand her need to change direction after 20 years of getting up at silly o'clock.

If it means Naga Munchetty is on more frequently, I for one will definitely be switching channels. Cannot stand the woman.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I will miss her, she's like a breath of fresh air in the morning, but I so understand her need to change direction after 20 years of getting up at silly o'clock.

If it means Naga Munchetty is on more frequently, I for one will definitely be switching channels. Cannot stand the woman.
Hi

I feel exactly the same as you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Oti Mabuse perhaps? She is in everything else.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 06:50 PM

Bring back Johnny and Denise.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top