Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 05:38 PM

red such difficult colour

That is up to now, This Sony camcorder handles it very well. I always had a problem with the colour red with nikon lenses

susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 06:06 PM

Re: red such difficult colour

It looks beautiful Realspeed.

We had problems years ago, getting paint for our car in Claret.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 09:11 PM

Looks lovely realspeed. Re the difficulties of photographing the colour red, I found this little snippet online, which is rather interesting:

Camera manufactures tend to exaggerate the red end somewhat because humans have a quirk about the color red. They like it to be more vivid. I notice this with my Nikon and Canon cameras. Now then, Sony went a different route. They went for more "true to life" with their reds. I prefer this. I have less trouble with over saturation with my Sony with my reds, yellows and whites than I do with my other cameras.

It was only one person's response to the question "why is red so hard to shoot?", but it may explain the better results you get with your Sony camcorder.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 12:37 PM

That's a really nice shot, Realspeed - so atmospheric.

I've found if I change the settings in my Nikon camera to neutral, then I get better results with reds, yellows and whites.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
That's a really nice shot, Realspeed - so atmospheric.

I've found if I change the settings in my Nikon camera to neutral, then I get better results with reds, yellows and whites.

In neutral what did you have the settings below at? sharpening is normally not that high as shown in photo below

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top