Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 12:45 PM

Look out Skippy!

Something you might not see very often in the UK...

Or...

Why I have a bullbar!

Notice the drop in speed from the beginning to the end of the video fortunately I saw it coming.

(If you plug the GPS coordinates into Google maps you can find out where it happened or you might not bother)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 02:17 PM

Re: Look out Skippy!

No I can’t say that I have noticed many kangaroos crossing our roads . But we do have deer and badgers .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No I can’t say that I have noticed many kangaroos crossing our roads . But we do have deer and badgers .
I wouldn't even brake for a deer, venison is a favourite and deer are a registered pest.

Wombats are the nearest we get to a badger and I would definitely brake for them otherwise it is like hitting a rock
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 12:49 PM

Bullbars are banned over here now, but I can see why you need them over there.

Good reactions chap. Well done for missing it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 01:09 PM

I try to brake for any creature crossing the road. I'm not always successful of course but I try my best.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 09:49 AM

I keep seeing poor dead badgers on the road
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I try to brake for any creature crossing the road. I'm not always successful of course but I try my best.
Me too, I once knocked a cat over and I was devastated, it ran off so I didn't kill it but I often wonder ifvit ran off and died as it went with a right bang.

I always feel really sad when I see squashed anythings in the road. Braking comes automatic when things run in the road,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Me too, I once knocked a cat over and I was devastated, it ran off so I didn't kill it but I often wonder ifvit ran off and died as it went with a right bang.

I always feel really sad when I see squashed anythings in the road. Braking comes automatic when things run in the road,
I hate seeing squashed animals in the road. I remember a particular trip to Scotland where there was a dead rabbit about every square yard. I had to get out of the car and finish one poor rabbit off to put him out of his misery.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top