Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 04:39 PM

Re: Containers,etc

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Beautiful!!....Chillie....did you put your bedstead on Facebook?

I’ve seen quite a few on there like that, so quirky I love it!!
Thanks Pauline. No didn’t put on Facebook I dont use it although i have an account
Next door we’re throwing out an old bed so I bagged the metal works. Worked out ok. Garden is big enough to carry it off.
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 04:42 PM

A few more containers.
Very nice Pauline. Had to look twice cause I thought that was a real rabbit lol
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 05:40 PM

Here are ours, or I should say the bosses.

]
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 07:51 PM

Son in law has knocked up a couple of small planters from spare bits of decking he had, just finished lining and painting them, I now have to decide what to put in them lol 😆
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:47 PM

Container in the Pond....

Wooden Containers.Marsh Marigolds

Some more Wood Containers made by Husband

This is a wood container similar to the others all made from poles that are the waste left over from making plyboard at a nearby factory. Obviously you cannot see it...but the Clematis you can...

Some new plants to replace some tired ones...Ceanothus amongst others
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:49 PM

I love watching them grow, I’ve now got to keep up with the watering. I water my plants morning and evening.

What’s your routine of watering?😀
We use a sprinkler. Like this.

Just did it about an hour or so after the sunset.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->

Container in the Pond....

Wooden Containers.Marsh Marigolds

Some more Wood Containers made by Husband

This is a wood container similar to the others all made from poles that are the waste left over from making plyboard at a nearby factory. Obviously you cannot see it...but the Clematis you can...
I do like those wooden ones , thanks
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:13 PM

The minus with container planting is they require more watering and feeding and even a change of some of the soil every so often, Overall they are such an asset as you can bring colour to any part of your garden and plant up different plants when needed. I have a lot of hanging baskets this season that are looking wonderful.....my aim this season was to create more colour as the garden was just farmland when we moved here in 2014 so can be a bit dull....the grass is still full of weeds, however much we dig up and re-seed them blighters soon take over again,,hey guys and dolls at least they are mainly green.....just this year ,with the odd weather, they are out in force, anybody else finding the same in the UK, particularly interested....
Vlad
West Midlands UK

12-06-2021, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
The minus with container planting is they require more watering and feeding and even a change of some of the soil every so often, Overall they are such an asset as you can bring colour to any part of your garden and plant up different plants when needed. I have a lot of hanging baskets this season that are looking wonderful.....my aim this season was to create more colour as the garden was just farmland when we moved here in 2014 so can be a bit dull....the grass is still full of weeds, however much we dig up and re-seed them blighters soon take over again,,hey guys and dolls at least they are mainly green.....just this year ,with the odd weather, they are out in force, anybody else finding the same in the UK, particularly interested....
With regard to watering I do have a lot of pots ..dahlias and climbers and I agree about the watering….and the weeds
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:17 PM

Looking good, Dianne.
Pretty yellow Osteospurmum in the corner of that last picture too. I like those, and they flower for ages.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top