Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:19 PM

G7 in Cornwall? I thought I misread!

This is hilarious. G7 is being hosted in Cornwall! Surfing and strategy will merge. Apparently police guarding the event will be living on a cruise ship.

The site for Carbis bay hotel, the venue hosting the summit :

https://www.carbisbayhotel.co.uk/

I must say I am jealous. Looks like a fab location. Do you think they will serve Cornish pasties and a cream tea?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:24 PM

Re: G7 in Cornwall? I thought I misread!

Scotty from Marketing is already on his way, he is not taking his surf board because the surf in England is crap but Cornwall is nice.

On the downside Michael McCormack is now acting PM and while it is hard to get someone more useless than Scotty the leader of the National Party manages that with ease.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 12:37 AM

G7 summit: Boris Johnson defends taking private plane to Cornwall - as climate change set to be high on the agenda

https://news.sky.com/story/g7-summit...genda-12328897

The prime minister has been criticised for travelling to the G7 summit in Cornwall by plane, instead of taking the train.

Boris Johnson arrived in Cornwall for the gathering of some of the world's most developed economies, with climate change set to be high on the agenda.

Asked about his decision to fly into the summit, Mr Johnson said: "If you attack my arrival by plane, I respectfully point out that the UK is actually in the lead in developing sustainable aviation fuel."

Rather than using making the train journey from Paddington to London, Mr Johnson took the 250 miles (400km) trip From Stansted airport to Newquay in Cornwall.

Taking a plane creates almost five times more greenhouse gas emissions than the equivalent train journey, according to the government's own emission figures.
..... and who paid for the jet trip .....

https://www.aircharter.co.uk/about-u...-a-private-jet

Long-range private jet charters from London to Glasgow can cost anything from £8,400 to £14,200. The 13-seat Bombardier Challenger 850 can complete the journey in 55 minutes at a price of £10,400. If you’re looking for a jet with over 30 seats, try the Boeing Business Jet, which will get you there for £76,500.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

10-06-2021, 07:43 AM

Sweden One will be landing at Newquay International Airport at 11am local time. I expect a full guard of honour of forum members.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:23 AM

That news has been on our local news for weeks. The residents of the places being used are not happy either, they have to have passports to get back to their own homes.
Crawling with police everywhere, even some of our local police are not happy, having police as colleges drafted in for the areas up north where the covid situation is high. Apparently the disruption is horrendous.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That news has been on our local news for weeks. The residents of the places being used are not happy either, they have to have passports to get back to their own homes.
Crawling with police everywhere, even some of our local police are not happy, having police as colleges drafted in for the areas up north where the covid situation is high. Apparently the disruption is horrendous.
Sounds a complete and utter nightmare Tiff. Can't they do this remotely at all? Seems like just a jolly for the hoi polloi
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
G7 summit: Boris Johnson defends taking private plane to Cornwall - as climate change set to be high on the agenda

https://news.sky.com/story/g7-summit...genda-12328897

..... and who paid for the jet trip .....

https://www.aircharter.co.uk/about-u...-a-private-jet
Looks like he has taken lessons from Trump on how to disembark a plane with style & panache!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Looks like he has taken lessons from Trump on how to disembark a plane with style & panache!
.... hoards of screaming fans, no doubt.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

10-06-2021, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
.... hoards of screaming fans, no doubt.
All paid to be there, but denied by him of course. Because they "lurrrrrve" him!

Edited to add: Boris can't afford to pay for people, he's broke. new wife and all that
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 11:17 AM

The worst part by far is that biden is involved pushing his Britain hating agenda.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top