Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:03 PM

ingrowing tonail

I picked up my 16 year old this evening to take her to the podiatrist as she has had an ingrowing tonail for over a year, her appointments get getting cancelled because of covid.

Finally she got seen to today but my heart broke and really went out to her when they stuck the needle twice in her big toe. She was in so much pain it was awful, I held her hand and she really squeezed my hand the pain was so bad.

I was horrified at the size of the nail they dug out and removed, I make no wonder she was in so much pain over the past year with that thing digging in.

So glad she didn't have her whole nail off.

My husband had it done once and he told me it was horrendously painful and the poor girl is going to be in some pain when the pain relief wears off.

I hope I never have to have that done.

Have you ever had the same problem?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 10:38 PM

Re: ingrowing tonail

Oh the poor thing! Hope she heals well x

I've never had an ingrown nail but my friend's elderly uncle had such a major problem he was not removing his boots. He spent quite a long time refusing to deal with it. Finally he agreed and it was a major exercise to get it all sorted.

Really awful living with something like that because after a while you just cannot fix it yourself. Toes are terribly important too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 11:20 PM

I have had 4 of my toe nails removed due to being ingrowing. They bled like mad but can't say after they were removed they hurt. I was bandaged for a while & had to put plastic bags on my feet to keep them dry when showering & they started to heal. Unfortunately they all grew back again & the big toes are now, after several years growth, as bad as they were before they were removed, plus they have grown like horses hoofs & are a bugger to cut or clip.
Anyone know a good farrier?

Seriously though, I wish I had never had them removed, but the chiropodist said I should.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 06:37 AM

Queenie, I'm really surprised that the Dr. used a needle and pain killer on your daughter. I had the same thing done on both big toes and my podiatrist used some kind of spray that "froze" the toes. No pain what-so-ever.
Perhaps the difference between a regular M.D. and a podiatrist ????
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 06:40 AM

Sounds terrible ...hope she is OK soon. Not had one myself but my pals son had one ....he is OK now after a similar procedure.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I picked up my 16 year old this evening to take her to the podiatrist as she has had an ingrowing tonail for over a year, her appointments get getting cancelled because of covid.

Finally she got seen to today but my heart broke and really went out to her when they stuck the needle twice in her big toe. She was in so much pain it was awful, I held her hand and she really squeezed my hand the pain was so bad.

I was horrified at the size of the nail they dug out and removed, I make no wonder she was in so much pain over the past year with that thing digging in.

So glad she didn't have her whole nail off.

My husband had it done once and he told me it was horrendously painful and the poor girl is going to be in some pain when the pain relief wears off.

I hope I never have to have that done.

Have you ever had the same problem?
My 14 year old grandson has recently had his big toenails removed as they were cashing hi, a lot of pain .Apparently they will never grow again .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 11:26 AM

I have had both of my big toe nails removed. I was always in so much pain and since I healed from the removals I've not had any bother at all. Might be better in the long run to get it done.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My 14 year old grandson has recently had his big toenails removed as they were cashing hi, a lot of pain .Apparently they will never grow again .
They may well grow again muddy I've seen it many times , it will grow in a different shape though
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
They may well grow again muddy I've seen it many times , it will grow in a different shape though
Mine did, they are horrible, but not all that are removed do grow back. A friend had one big toe nail removed & hers didn't grow back.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 06:00 PM

Mine didn't either, it's been roughly ten years now, so I guess I'm safe.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top