Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 09:05 PM

Why Do Some Motorists Beep Their Horn For Trivial Things?

Whilst driving today a motorist really beeped his horn at another motorist for something that was so trivial. It wasn’t that they recognised them as a friend, it was because the other driver had slightly edged out of their lane.

I see this sort of thing happening a lot whilst out driving.
Is it... impatience, oneupmanship or someone just doing it to show off to his passenger/s?

Why can’t some motorists be more patient and understanding?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 09:17 PM

Re: Why Do Some Motorists Beep Their Horn For Trivial Things?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Whilst driving today a motorist really beeped his horn at another motorist for something that was so trivial. It wasn’t that they recognised them as a friend, it was because the other driver had slightly edged out of their lane.

I see this sort of thing happening a lot whilst out driving.
Is it... impatience, oneupmanship or someone just doing it to show off to his passenger/s?

Why can’t some motorists be more patient and understanding?
I totally agree I live on a rat run road and it happens continuously.
Has for those that toot their horn when passing friends,just what is up with those people why can they not just text whilst driving .. tut tut.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 09:18 PM

I've seen this so many times, it;s just so unnecessary, lots of people suffer terrible road rage and its already scary out there on the roads without plonkers like them.

I pulled out on the end of my road, there was a car coming down and I knew I had plenty of time to get out (I'm always careful about pulling out) but this driver promptly sped up his car really quick then started tooting his horn at me, it just was not necessary, I don't take risks.

I have only ever once papped my horn and that was because someone undercut me almost causing an accident.

It's impatience for the most part I think and some drivers think they own the damn road.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:02 PM

As a non driver, I haven't experienced this but seen it happen. As a pedestrian though, many reckless drivers speed through the crossings in an attempt to beat the lights. If anyone is crossing at the time, they are subjected to loud horns and various gesturing by the driver. Times like this I wish I had a taser or something to get my own back!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:21 PM

Maybe because there is a good looking woman in the other car. I bet you get beeped all the time
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:37 PM

It's so unnecessary and can actually cause an accident because it shocks the driver who may have no idea why . I was driving and pulling off M27 at junction 5 a big roundabout with say 5 exits , looking for my correct lane I indicated I was moving to the left lane suddenly I was blasted by a twit who was impatient because I wasnt in the correct lane , a new area to me . It was quite frightening and unnerving in a very busy area .

I like to think I'm a considerate driver and recognise some people are not local to the area
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:39 PM

Why Do Some Motorists Beep Their Horn For Trivial Things?
I hate it when they do it makes me jump and distracts me from my driving.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 07:16 AM

Beeping after an event is so pointless.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 07:27 AM

As with flashing your lights, sounding your horn ( beeping) means I am here, ( Highway Code)
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 11:15 AM

I have a relative who, always, leaves it 'till the last minute before setting off.

Then the journey becomes one of trying to pass everyone in front - tooting and swearing.

I can't say if she is a typical man or a woman as that might be considered sexist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top