Join for free
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 01:39 PM

Coming this weekend.

EARTH WIND & FIRE, KOOL & THE GANG & THE COMMODORES all in concert in one venue. If only all the original members were still there. I would go, but afraid I'll be disappointed. Shame I couldn't have caught a concert like this in the 70s.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 04:18 PM

Re: Coming this weekend.

Originally Posted by Danny ->
EARTH WIND & FIRE, KOOL & THE GANG & THE COMMODORES all in concert in one venue. If only all the original members were still there. I would go, but afraid I'll be disappointed. Shame I couldn't have caught a concert like this in the 70s.
That's reminded me of what a friend once told me. He went to a wedding reception where the father of the bride had hired The Four Tops as the entertainment. When I asked him how it went he replied, "Well it was really the One Top and his 3 new mates."
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
That's reminded me of what a friend once told me. He went to a wedding reception where the father of the bride had hired The Four Tops as the entertainment. When I asked him how it went he replied, "Well it was really the One Top and his 3 new mates."
Unfortunately most of the bands of my youth if they are still around are only shadows of themselves if indeed any original members are still with them. The last concert I saw with all original members (-1 that seemed to be a regular thing) was Crosby, Stills and Nash. They sounded every bit as good live as their recordings. That was in the late 1980s.
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 06:24 PM

Unfortunately most of the bands of my youth if they are still around are only shadows of themselves if indeed any original members are still with them. The last concert I saw with all original members (-1 that seemed to be a regular thing) was Crosby, Stills and Nash. They sounded every bit as good live as their recordings. That was in the late 1980s.
Danny, I think we forget that the bands of our youth are aging with us. I think we have a picture of them in our heads of as they were back in the day.
Can’t beat the experience of seeing bands live. But as you say not many are the same.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 08:24 PM

Wow Danny! All my favourites! Why don’t you attend? You might just enjoy it even if it’s not the original band!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top