Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 12:33 PM

Re: Do You Burp A lot If You Are Having A Heart Attack?

Oh Art, what a worrying time for you and your sister. Does she have no-one who speaks Spanish who can make the phone call for her? As others have said, the most important thing is that they've got him to hospital in time, and I'm sure everything possible will be done. He's in safe hands now.

I have a friend who lives in Spain, who had breast cancer about 5 years ago and she had so much praise for the treatment she received, which was prompt and very, very thorough.

I do hope you get more positive news soon, and that your sister manages to speak to someone at the hospital, via a Spanish speaker if necessary.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 04:22 PM

Thank You all again for posting your kind thoughts and views..

Their son texted his dad and he replied... He has had keyhole surgery for a blocked artery and has to have more keyhole surgery in 3 days.

My sister said he has been complaining of chest pains for a few weeks now but adamantly refused to go to the doctor.
He said it was just indigestion and took Gavescon for it!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You all again for posting your kind thoughts and views..

Their son texted his dad and he replied... He has had keyhole surgery for a blocked artery and has to have more keyhole surgery in 3 days.

My sister said he has been complaining of chest pains for a few weeks now but adamantly refused to go to the doctor.
He said it was just indigestion and took Gavescon for it!
Twelve plus years' ago I had a heart attack, the symptoms were that I wasn't feeling all that well, nothing I could really describe, except that I felt as if I had indigestion, perhaps after not chewing something enough. Just that kind of sensation. At A&E they gave me Gaviscon, which didn't clear it, then it was the procedure for an 'angioplasty' which found no evidence of a blocked artery. That was put down to a sudden narrowing of the arteries, which could have happened when the car became too warm, so I opened the window to cool down. Not advisable at 70mph on the motorway!

Just a word of warning to all though. My GP when diagnosing high blood pressure, prior to the heart attack, said that if ever I felt like there was a very heavy weight on my chest which could radiate into my arms or jaw, that may be a heart attack so call 999. While in hospital for a week after the heart attack there were twelve males, all of us had experienced heart attacks but only one had those classic symptoms, he arrived by emergency helicopter. The others all had varying, milder symptoms but none were the classic signs that we had all had been advised about. Any chest pain should I reckon be checked out, better safe than sorry or worse!

I hope your brother-in-law gets on alright Artangel, that type of treatment is very successful nowadays. Many treatments can be done by keyhole surgery so less recovery time is needed.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:03 PM

Throw profuse sweating into the mix as well.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Usually that is a cold, clammy type of sweating so I was advised by my GP.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
That happened to me before my first heart attack PooBear, it was literally pouring off my forehead. I felt wobbly like I was going to faint so I went to lie down before I fell. It was while I was laid on the floor I experienced all the usual symptoms, numb left arm and hand, and a heavy weight on my chest. Only then did I realise it was a heart attack.

All the best for your sister and her hubby Arty, hope they can sort him out...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top