Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 01:20 PM

Managing Your Medicines?

If we have to take half a dozen tablets, a day, at various times, then we have to make sure that we manage it all without hiccups.

We might die if we mess it up.

I get my tablets, in 3 month prescriptions, and sort them all into little plastic weekly sorting boxes.

I don't like it, though, as messing around with little fiddly tablets (where you have to put on your specs to see what they are) is annoying.

Has anyone got a really efficient way of handling this?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 01:32 PM

Re: Managing Your Medicines?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If we have to take half a dozen tablets, a day, at various times, then we have to make sure that we manage it all without hiccups.

We might die if we mess it up.

I get my tablets, in 3 month prescriptions, and sort them all into little plastic weekly sorting boxes.

I don't like it, though, as messing around with little fiddly tablets (where you have to put on your specs to see what thy are) is annoying.

Has anyone got a really efficient way of handling this?
Hi

Not the easiest of things to do.

I have a weekly dispenser from Amazon.

I take between 19 and 23 pills, a day.

It changes with my blood tests and blood pressure.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 01:40 PM

Are you aware of a local pharmacy offering blister packs .....

Blister packs are a medication aid, which helps you take the correct tablets at the right time of day. They are usually made of recyclable cardboard and plastic, and are organised by time of day and day of the week. This makes it easy for a patient to select the correct time and day, and push out all of their required medication for that time. Blister packs can help patients improve their adherence to their prescribed medication, and improve health outcomes. Where I live, the service is available to people who are on 4 or more NHS repeat prescription medications, who may struggle with remembering to order or take their medication at the right times.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Are you aware of a local pharmacy offering blister packs .....

Blister packs are a medication aid, which helps you take the correct tablets at the right time of day. They are usually made of recyclable cardboard and plastic, and are organised by time of day and day of the week. This makes it easy for a patient to select the correct time and day, and push out all of their required medication for that time. Blister packs can help patients improve their adherence to their prescribed medication, and improve health outcomes. Where I live, the service is available to people who are on 4 or more NHS repeat prescription medications, who may struggle with remembering to order or take their medication at the right times.
Didn't know about that, LT, and will research it in this area ASAP.

Thank for the info!

Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Can't you get tablets for hiccups, Ted?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 02:00 PM

I have 9 different meds each month, some of which have to be taken twice daily. These are after meals. I have three that I take first thing in the morning, with my first hot drink, and before breakfast.

I then take a Bisoprolol around 5pm, and a statin about 9pm. For these, because I might be busy and forget, I have an app on my phone called Medisafe, and set those two reminders. When the alarm goes off, it sounds just like a rattling pill bottle. I can skip or forget the time to take, or snooze.

I used to fiddle about with the little strip boxes but now just have the packets dotted about the place.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

12-06-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
No, I only get Hiccups because I'm so tall........!

Others use Loccups!

Tedc
Berkshire, UK

12-06-2021, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I have 9 different meds each month, some of which have to be taken twice daily. These are after meals. I have three that I take first thing in the morning, with my first hot drink, and before breakfast.

I then take a Bisoprolol around 5pm, and a statin about 9pm. For these, because I might be busy and forget, I have an app on my phone called Medisafe, and set those two reminders. When the alarm goes off, it sounds just like a rattling pill bottle. I can skip or forget the time to take, or snooze.

I used to fiddle about with the little strip boxes but now just have the packets dotted about the place.
Thanks for that, Jazzi!

I'm downloading Medisafe, as we speak, as it does look good!

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 03:00 PM

I take six a day, all in the same mouthful, after breakfast. One of them is 10mg statin which the chemist said take in the evening. I've always ignored that, and taken it at the same time as the rest.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I wouldn't hold your breath for them....!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top