Join for free
Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:22 AM

Re: GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

Originally Posted by summer ->
Everything seems out of sync each time I watch it....im too busy watching for the next production disaster to listen to what anyone is saying.....its good for a laugh I suppose
Rome wasn't built in a day.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Rome wasn't built in a day.
Yes well perhaps they should have done a bit more work before launching
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 11:37 AM

Well I tuned in briefly this morning and was surprised to see the 'One black- one white' set up. I thought they were not doing Woke????
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 03:55 PM

I tune in every now and then. Lip sync is better some of the time but there are still times when it's out. The continuity doesn't exactly flow at times. Quite a bit of hesitancy between the team.

The picture quality is better on Virgin Media's cable box than on Freeview.

Hard for me to concentrate on the content when there are these technical glitches going on. Early days for the channel but they probably should have put a few in a few more dummy runs before going live.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 04:49 PM

Lady Colin Campbell was on last night and she was brilliant. Just wind her up and let her go on about Harry and Meghan!

What she said was right Meghan and Harry are now claiming nobody approved of their marriage as she was mixed race and people are racist. Lady C pointed out that thousands lined the streets to celebrate their marriage, thousands more watched it on TV and the overwhelming comments were that Meghan was a breath of fresh air into the royal family and they were wished all the best.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 06:18 PM

I think the technical stuff can and will be resolved if they are given time by the sponsors. The content is just what is needed. Presenting fair and reasoned comment on the sort of wokeness and left wing prejudice we have to suffer from the BBC and other channels.
Representing what ordinary folk think.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 06:23 PM

The Beeb doesn’t like it up ‘em.

Yesterday companies considering an ad boycott of GB News clearly irritated the broadcaster, with Andrew Neil taking to Twitter to point out the hypocrisy of IKEA. Guido can now reveal the campaigner behind the boycott website may have ulterior motives for trying to take down the new competitive channel: they’re a former senior BBC producer.

The website BoycottGBNews.org, which has spent the last 24 hours celebrating various corporate boycotts, says it is a “campaigning website from Ripples”. A quick search of Companies House shows Ripples Campaigning was co-founded, and is run, by Louise Wikstrom. Louise, who appears to be their only employee, was a senior content producer at BBC Worldwide for three years.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 07:40 PM

If it's upsetting the BBC I think I'll stick with GB News...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If it's upsetting the BBC I think I'll stick with GB News...
You might want to stock up on indigestion remedies...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-06-2021, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I think the technical stuff can and will be resolved if they are given time by the sponsors. The content is just what is needed. Presenting fair and reasoned comment on the sort of wokeness and left wing prejudice we have to suffer from the BBC and other channels.
Representing what ordinary folk think.
It has great comic potential. I am watching the deadpan expressions and thinking are they going to start giggling in a minute. Like spitting image but real people. (sort of)

Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top