Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:36 AM

Re: Garry Glitter

Originally Posted by Dodge ->

There is an interview of John Lydon with Piers Morgan where Lydon goes on to talk about knowing what Savile and others were up to but say's he was prevented from talking. Actually, Lydon did nothing. He says he knew what these people were up to but did he go to the police ? NO, did he act as a whistleblower and give the inside story to one of the major newspapers so they could investigate? NO. Like with all the other media people, they kept quiet for the sake of their careers and teenage girls had to suffer for it.
I watched that recently on Youtube, Dodge, and all Lydon moaned about was the fact he didn't get back on Top of the Pops again after he spoke out about it. The whole mucky bunch of luvvies are corrupt. Its just a shame that so many people are still being hurt by it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 04:02 PM

Hijack alert!

According to Wiki, this is what the Glitter Band has been up to.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Hijack alert!

According to Wiki, this is what the Glitter Band has been up to.
I had a quick nosy on Youtube for them, and they haven't lost that iconic sound of theirs. Good find, Percy!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 09:32 PM

It’s not just a matter of the direct damage people like Savile and Harris (sounds like an estate agents, but only if I don’t include Glitter) do to their victims; it spreads out and has a detrimental effect on society.

Friends, let me tell you a little story, to explain what I mean:

It’s early evening and a man is walking along the pavement of a back street. Ahead of him, walking towards him on the same side of the road, is a child. A girl of about 7 or 8, wearing only a night-dress. Just before they meet, they stop, and she asks if he knows where Sally Johnson lives. It’s not his street, and he doesn’t know anybody, except for his daughter, who does live on that street. He is calling round to do a DIY job. There’s no one at home, but he has a key to her house. He can't make much sense of what the girl says when he asks where she lives, and all the while he is conscious of keeping a safe distance between them, like we all have to now, but for a very different reason. After a few minutes, that seem much longer, a woman emerges from a house across the road, and the man deftly manages to make the situation her responsibility.

I was that man. (slow, swelling music)

All I wanted to do was get away from the situation; it made me very nervous. Had that happened even 50 years ago, I would have probably told her to get lost, but I would only have been 16 myself. Had I been an adult, I would probably have taken her hand and tried to find where she lived. I think most people would have. Can you imagine that happening now? That, in itself, is making kids vulnerable. Nobody, particularly men, dare get involved.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
It’s not just a matter of the direct damage people like Savile and Harris (sounds like an estate agents, but only if I don’t include Glitter) do to their victims; it spreads out and has a detrimental effect on society.

It’s early evening and a man is walking along the pavement of a back street. Ahead of him, walking towards him on the same side of the road, is a child. A girl of about 7 or 8, wearing only a night-dress. Just before they meet, they stop, and she asks if he knows where Sally Johnson lives. It’s not his street, and he doesn’t know anybody, except for his daughter, who does live on that street. He is calling round to do a DIY job. There’s no one at home, but he has a key to her house. He can't make much sense of what the girl says when he asks where she lives, and all the while he is conscious of keeping a safe distance between them, like we all have to now, but for a very different reason. After a few minutes, that seem much longer, a woman emerges from a house across the road, and the man deftly manages to make the situation her responsibility.

All I wanted to do was get away from the situation; it made me very nervous. Had that happened even 50 years ago, I would have probably told her to get lost, but I would only have been 16 myself. Had I been an adult, I would probably have taken her hand and tried to find where she lived. I think most people would have. Can you imagine that happening now? That, in itself, is making kids vulnerable. Nobody, particularly men, dare get involved.
If this scenario had happened 50 years ago, there would have been a beat bobby who would have been the one walking that street and dealt with the situation.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 12:44 PM

I get what you are saying Harbal. I have found lost children crying in the supermarket but on each occasion made sure a female dealt with it. Sad isn't it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sad isn't it.
I'm not particularly fond of kids, although I do often see one that makes me smile. It's not always the same one, btw. Some men love kids, and are really good with them, but simply daren't interact with them. And some parents would come down on you like a ton of bricks if you so much as glanced at their three year old.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

18-06-2021, 01:06 PM

I'm not particularly fond of kids, although I do often see one that makes me smile. It's not always the same one, btw.
You had to clarify that? That's how bad society has made you guys feel about kids. Its a very sad world we live in now
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:42 AM

Well I was minding my own business taking photos in the local toilets and..........
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 12:37 PM

I'm not particularly fond of kids, although I do often see one that makes me smile. It's not always the same one, btw. Some men love kids, and are really good with them, but simply daren't interact with them. And some parents would come down on you like a ton of bricks if you so much as glanced at their three year old.
I love kids but would never interact with kids that aren't part of the family. It's not worth the risk. If a kid was lost or hurt I'd keep my distance and just phone the police.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top