Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 09:17 AM

Bitten on his nose

By my neighbours dog, poor Jack, he howled, poor little man,

I had words last night, even more so this morning, he has a nasty puncture from her teeth on his nose, she got her head through my fence, at the front of the house, while we were walking along the pavement late last night.

I said I wouldn’t report the incident, but his nose has bled and weeping this morning,I’m hoping it dries up the puncture wound that is,I will give it until tomorrow, then take him to the vet,if it’s still weeping....I made her aware that I will be coming to her ,to foot the bill, if he develops an infection, she agreed.

I was so upset,I could feel his pain, he would/ has never bitten another dog ....this isn’t the first time either that it has bitten.

He’s on his bed at the moment resting, gone very quiet.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 09:47 AM

Re: Bitten on his nose

Oh poor Jack, that sounds so painful - noses are a tender area.

My daughter's dog is a docile old thing, wouldn't hurt a fly, but a couple of years ago she was attacked by a malamute, totally unprovoked, and my daughter was landed with a £100 vet's bill! (The owner did offer to pay, but my daughter agreed to go 50/50 because she knew the woman, who was a single mum on low income, like herself.)

I do hope Jack will be OK - if you do end up at the vet, make sure you present them with the bill!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 10:06 AM

Aww that's so sad, Pauline, I hope wee Jack heals quickly!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:17 PM

I think if he were mine, Pauline, with a nasty puncture would I would let the vet have a look incase he needs an anti-biotic injection. Punctures can heal over with the germs inside otherwise.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 02:43 PM

Poor Jack Pauline as the very sensitive tissue of the nose is damaged I would get it checked out with the vet.

Chloe was bitten in the mouth by my neighbours whippet , it poured with blood and I bathed it with saline.
The worst aspect is it made Chloe more wary of other dogs and always ready to defend herself.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top