Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:09 PM

Re: Pictures or videos or both?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I suspect the majority of my photos and videos will be consigned to the waste bin after my demise.....
"...and there's Dad on his 34th Trig..."

No she won't. She'll keep every last one!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
We made videos of events associated with the family since they were all tots. Some have got our dog in them that died years ago. The trouble with all of them them is that, once made, they were put onto DVDs, stashed away and hardly ever looked at again. Same with photos.

Also, I think there's the danger of living life looking through a lens rather than enjoying moments with open eyes.
I agree Mart. I spent so much time videoing in Egypt that I sort of missed the real moment in time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree Mart. I spent so much time videoing in Egypt that I sort of missed the real moment in time.
Might as well stop at home and watch a travel program on the telly...And conjunctivitis is no fun at all while you're on holiday...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Might as well stop at home and watch a travel program on the telly...And conjunctivitis is no fun at all while you're on holiday...
That's a good point. There are so many videos out there of virtually anything you can think of, that it's not worth doing in a big way.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
t
LD
One thing I would also point out I was taking movies long before digital videos with this 8 mm molvie camera
My first video camera was a triple turret Standard 8 Bell and Howell. No zoom in those days when zoom first came out it was 3X or 5X and a zoom lens camera was outrageously expensive.

I agree with OGF my photos and videos will die with me and while they are interesting they are nothing compared to the memories.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-06-2021, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by bruce ->
my first video camera was a triple turret standard 8 bell and howell. No zoom in those days when zoom first came out it was 3x or 5x and a zoom lens camera was outrageously expensive.

I agree with ogf my photos and videos will die with me and while they are interesting they are nothing compared to the memories.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 01:04 PM

I often video as well as take a photo, my problem was storage. I can keep them in a big file but couldn't share them on here or elsewhere because they wouldn't upload to the site. I didn't want to put them on You Tube as I didn't want the world and his wife wading through all my stuff. My Grandaughter was up here on a visit last summer and she got stuck into You Tube for me and made me an account and it's all private but I can share one if I want.......So I sometimes do.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 01:29 PM

Roxy

Storage can be a problem but I use an extrnl hard drive to keep mine on as well as a couple of extra internal drives and keep the "c" drive relatively free.
As for what I video there is no way would I take any of children I would rather not use the camcorder and often not purely because.
Of course youtube videos can be made private if that is ones want , I don't even put up a fraction of mine as they would not be of any interest to anyone else
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:33 PM

I don't do videos, just not really interested.

But I'm addicted to youtube channels done by pros talking about still photography. It's awesome to see things like someone walking down the street on GoPro, a click, and the result caught on a stills camera.

There are so many variables in making/taking a good shot: positioning yourself to catch the best light, focal length, depth of field, field of view, shutter speed, etc. And I don't know how to incorporate these into video recording.

And no, you can't grab a frame from a video and make a realistic comparison with a proper shot.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I don't do videos, just not really interested.

But I'm addicted to youtube channels done by pros talking about still photography. It's awesome to see things like someone walking down the street on GoPro, a click, and the result caught on a stills camera.

There are so many variables in making/taking a good shot: positioning yourself to catch the best light, focal length, depth of field, field of view, shutter speed, etc. And I don't know how to incorporate these into video recording.

And no, you can't grab a frame from a video and make a realistic comparison with a proper shot.
A perfect still photograph can be likened to a work of art, and is up there with paintings done by the masters.....In my opinion...

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top