Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 10:38 AM

Help wanted.

For the last 4 days I've been getting alerts from my Norton defence that a message cannot be sent but I haven't sent any message. The alert is repeated dozens of times and as I delete them more arrive - it's becoming a bit of a nuisance. The alert tells me that the sender is a "daemon@googlemail.com". I would like to put a block on this address but I don't know how to do so. I know how to block someone who has sent me an e-mail but this sender hasn't done so directly. Can anyone help ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 11:53 AM

Re: Help wanted.

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
For the last 4 days I've been getting alerts from my Norton defence that a message cannot be sent but I haven't sent any message. The alert is repeated dozens of times and as I delete them more arrive - it's becoming a bit of a nuisance. The alert tells me that the sender is a "daemon@googlemail.com". I would like to put a block on this address but I don't know how to do so. I know how to block someone who has sent me an e-mail but this sender hasn't done so directly. Can anyone help ?
Hi Alan,
You could log into your Norton account and Email them direct....ask Norton to delete the message....
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 12:07 PM

Possible solutions in no particular order?

The answer by PatsCG might work if you are able to contact them and get a response?

Are you in a position to check if everybody on your contacts list is receiving your mail messages?

You either typed the address in wrong or the person you mailed no longer has a mail account at that address

Mailer Daemon is generally a way of telling you that the email you sent either doesn't exist, is wrong or cant accept emails.

I would check the email addresses you are sending to and make sure they are correct.

The mailer-daemon message is actually from your own email server, not from the intended recipient.

It is informing you that the message is undeliverable.

It could be that the intended recipient's email inbox is full so the message is returned.

You might have some success if you are able to use the Settings/Filters and create a filter specific to that message set to auto-delete.

Another option is to try a system restore and take it back to a time when everything was working ?

You might also have a Trojan on board?

Most virus killers should be able to identify them

Do you have Spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Doctor as they also help to remove Malware?

Another way is to set up another gmail address and gradually migrate everything over to that one
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 12:40 PM

I googled "daemon@googlemail.com" out of curiosity and found out that other people have had this bother. I think it said that it is called "spoofing". I'll try your solution Pats and see what happens.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 08:39 PM

Looks like your E mail account has been hacked, first thing to do is change your password.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2013, 09:16 PM

Alan, I agree with Sue, changed your email account to be on the safe side.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 12:01 PM

Alan - I guess you know how to access the email section, but just in case...
Click 'Customer support'
Then click 'contact us' - to take you to Email page....
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 12:23 PM

Get rid of Norton as they are rubbish. Unistall and install AVG or Avast! Just install the free version and you will have no more trouble. I wouldn't pay for any anti virus software and definitely not Norton! The above free products have regular updates and will keep your puter running fine.
Bluebell
Berkshire, UK
Bluebell is female  Bluebell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 10:12 PM

I agree with Dog Lover - ditch Norton and download Avast.
Roma
New Member!
Wales
Roma is female 

17-01-2013, 04:56 PM

I have Kaspersky free with my Barclays bank account and my son who is high in IT recommended it and I have happily used it for many years with no problems of any sort.
I also do not like Norton, anybody tried to get rid of it ever?!!
Good luck, it is most annoying ot have problems of this kind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top