Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 04:58 PM

Internet on the TV

I wish I was good at technology and understood it

Can you buy televisions with the Internet on them? My husband seems to think they are Samsung Smart TV's but when I look them up it doesn't say anything about it in the details.

Or do you have to plug in your laptop into a television to be able to use the Internet on the TV screen?

Interested to know as it would be great to be able to use Internet on a television screen. Would welcome any advice thanks.

Hope this all makes sense.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 05:09 PM

Re: Internet on the TV

Great question - I've wondered the same
Hope there is an answer forthcoming .......
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 05:12 PM

check this out
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 05:17 PM

Thanks Honey
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 05:22 PM

you're welcome!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
check this out
Thanks for that Honey. That's very interesting and has answered my question and Patsy's no doubt. Thanks
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

20-09-2014, 05:47 PM

I remember the shopping channels selling those dongles which were supposed to allow you to access the internet but they didn't work apparently, many of the buyers complained as they assumed they would get the internet as we know it but it doesn't work like that otherwise we'd all save a small fortune by simply purchasing a dongle and not a new tv
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 09:55 PM

My son in law is good at this sort of thing and he put the internet on his TV and used it when we were there, it's very strange though since their TV is on the wall it really seemed to dominate everything.
Stick with my laptop, I think.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 11:19 PM

I am pretty sure there in not a TV made these days that doesn't connect to the internet. Not only can you watch Youtube, iView, Netflix etc but the TVs upgrade their software using it. You can watch your Dvds/films etc stored on your computer or server on your own network LAN

My TVs use a wired connection but they can be connected by WiFi
melo
New Member!
Shropshire
melo is male 

13-10-2014, 12:07 PM

Looking for general Internet Browsing on TV or selective content such as YouTube and so on?. Lots of options available with low costs. If you could advise your ideal then can check for you. Would it be for causal viewing in dining room/ bedroom etc etc or full blown living room stuff?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top