Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 11:05 PM

Trouble with my emails

Can anyone explain why lately with a few of my emails I send when I go into my emails 'sent' folder they are not there? It seems to be happening alot lately. In the past when I've sent an email it's always been in the sent file. I've just now sent an email to a friend and it's not in the 'sent' file. They get the emails but there's no copy of it afterwards Does that happen to anyone else and why is it happening? Thanks.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2010, 11:53 PM

Re: Trouble with my emails

Is there a setting that says 'keep copy in sent folder'? Which program are you using?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 03:32 AM

I was going to ask the same as Azz just did. My Yahoo has a box for "Save a Copy"....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 10:40 PM

Thanks for your replies Azz and dandysmom. I'm using AOL (need I say any more ). I've just looked on my notebook to see if those emails in question were in the 'sent' box on that and they were So I think it's probably the case of old v new, my desktop is old and my notebook is new. I'm trying to talk hubby into buying me a new desktop pc but to no avail at the moment
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 10:44 PM

Changing e-mail addresses is a big hassle. The one I used before Yahoo ran into problems so I switched; took forever and a day to notify all the places that had my old address!
Alicat
West Berkshire

20-01-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Changing e-mail addresses is a big hassle. The one I used before Yahoo ran into problems so I switched; took forever and a day to notify all the places that had my old address!
Yes, I bet that was a nightmare in itself. I won't be doing that unless I run into deep problems or change ISP.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

20-01-2010, 05:53 PM

And you always miss some! I misplaced my CVS pharmacy card (discounts); called yesterday to get a replacement and was astonished to see they had a 5 year old e-mail address still on record for me!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top