Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 09:58 AM

Re: PC or laptop that is the question?

My continuing story.
I have now installed win 10 and it so far is OK.
I also received that device that was supposed to make it easy to transfer data from hard drives to my laptop. Not so. As although it will see cards, sticks, when plugged into the laptop. I does not see the hard drives. It turns out it is a cloning device where it can transfer data from IDE to SATA drives when plugged into the device.
I have also got a mouse with a USB cable that the laptop accepts.
Waiting for a case now that I have purchased. (eBay).
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 07:00 PM

Re: PC or laptop that is the question?

I have both....desktop EVERY time at home. Lappy's are too prone to overheating,running out of charge,trying to find the cursor,small text and generally annoying me. Desktop,on t'other hand,is big,easy to type on,easy to clean inside,simple to increase sdd/hdd space on,simple to ventilate-and,I get to be in my 'comms centre',away from pooches/cats/wimminz/world in general. HOWEVER,to be fair to both,my lappy lives in the truck and is invaluable when I need to call up info at short notice regarding traffic hotspots/roadworks,et al....plus,it knocks the socks off any satnav due to the volume/screen size when sat on the engine cover. [it's a Stratos...you can stand up and walk about in it...BIG cab]

But,my lappy has just been totally knackered by W10 downloading onto it,totally unbidden. I run Linux Mint on it-so where the W10 came from I honestly have no idea-but it's totally buggered up my lappy...it's now jammed solid on an opening screen that I neither expected nor requested.

Meh...it's at this moment being repaired/restored to Linux.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top