Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:54 PM

Dash Board Camera

Can anyone please reccomend a good Dashboard Camera? I have looked on line but everyone seems to have different views about the makes.Not a lot of help really.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 01:00 PM

Re: Dash Board Camera

I'm interested too. I was in a motorway service station the other day and they were selling dash cams there for just £14.99 ! I figured they would be poor quality video but at that price you could buy one just to have a play. Nevertheless I didn't !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 01:24 PM

Great idea aren't they - hope you find one
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 02:47 PM

http://www.nextbase.co.uk/product/in...-professional/

iN-CAR CAM™ 402G Professional

RRP Price: £149.99

The 402G is the best reviewed dash cam in the UK. It has been recognised as the best dash cam in the UK by Which? in both 2014 and 2015, as well as the Sunday Times. Being the best dash cam in the UK, there are more 402G’s on UK roads than any other dash cam or in car camera.
I have one for a year and it's excellent .....

Any dash-cam you buy must have number-plate legibility otherwise it's useless .....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 03:39 PM

Was going to recommend the same model. I can't decide whether to get that one, or the dual camera for the road behind.

The 402 seems the better one.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Was going to recommend the same model. I can't decide whether to get that one, or the dual camera for the road behind.

The 402 seems the better one.
I don't think the rear-facing one is going to very effective with passengers in the rear blocking the rear screen or on a dark wet night ..... but if you get "shunted" then any evidence is better than none .....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I don't think the rear-facing one is going to very effective with passengers in the rear blocking the rear screen or on a dark wet night ..... but if you get "shunted" then any evidence is better than none .....
The chances of me having rear passengers is about as remote as finding hens' teeth!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 06:10 PM

Just had my dash cam fitted last month ( had it professionally fitted ) I have front and rear camera but it wasn't cheap £300 , I went for this model as I had been looking around for ages and kept coming back to this one as it came with 3 year guarantee and has technical back up from the company, mi witness, as someone said it needs to be able to read number plates, mine also has WiFi so you can view on your phone, it really depends on what you want to pay, but it gives piece of mind knowing you have evidence should you need it
Have a look at techmoan on you tube he gives helpful advice on dash cams
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

25-02-2016, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
The chances of me having rear passengers is about as remote as finding hens' teeth!
The rear-view should be ok, then - click on the picture under "VIDEO" in this link and then click > to play it .....

http://www.nextbase.co.uk/product/in...n-car-cam-duo/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 07:36 PM

I've had a RoadHawk dashcam for years now. Fortunately, I have only needed the recorded evidence once, several years ago, when a silly (and rather arrogant) woman tried to cut in front of me at a junction. My insurance company requested a copy, which resulted in the other driver finally backing down and agreeing that she was in the wrong.
So they are, without doubt, useful.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top