Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 03:19 PM

Re: 24, 23, 22.....

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
I know how daunting it is Tpin as my husband has just returned home after 8 months in Hospital. Jumping through hoops is an understatement, and a lot of head bashing goes on (on your part ) It will take a few weeks to settle down and you just have to stay calm (easier said than done)
It is and I can imagine it'll take a while to get into a routine.
Thanks Celyn

Hope all is as well as can be, for you and hubby.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 03:22 PM

I know how daunting it is Tpin as my husband has just returned home after 8 months in Hospital. Jumping through hoops is an understatement, and a lot of head bashing goes on (on your part ) It will take a few weeks to settle down and you just have to stay calm (easier said than done)
I am really glad he is home Celyn. Terry Celyn is one of the ladies I mentioned to you a few weeks back, listen to her advice she has a lot of experience in caring for a loved one at home.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 03:23 PM

He has MND and is kept alive on a ventilator and now completely *locked in* as some people aleady know on here. We jog along though from day to day with house full of nurses.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 03:32 PM

He has MND and is kept alive on a ventilator and now completely *locked in* as some people aleady know on here. We jog along though from day to day with house full of nurses.
Sorry to hear that Celyn, I now remember your situation having read Diane's post.

I know, to a degree, how hard MND can be as a friend of mine suffered from it.

Best wishes to you both.
Terry
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 05:26 PM

It was a battle Twink55.He was being theatened with eviction from the hospital as the CCG were not setting up a package, and they wanted their bed once his problems were sorted. They were going to ship him off to a *facility* where everyone was in a vegative state. At the 11th hour, due to the fact that he had septic shock and almost died, a package was set up with a day nurse, night nurse, and carer from 8 a.m. until 4 a.m. Working well at the moment.

If I can give any advice Tpin, I will be very happy to do so. It can be a lonely place sometimes. Unless you are or have been in that situation it is hard to understand how demanding it can be. On the other hand there are many *ups* that balance out the bad days. Once you get into a routine, which will take a few weeks, then life will be easier.

Celyn
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

17-07-2016, 05:38 PM

It was a battle Twink55.He was being theatened with eviction from the hospital as the CCG were not setting up a package, and they wanted their bed once his problems were sorted. They were going to ship him off to a *facility* where everyone was in a vegative state. At the 11th hour, due to the fact that he had septic shock and almost died, a package was set up with a day nurse, night nurse, and carer from 8 a.m. until 4 a.m. Working well at the moment.

If I can give any advice Tpin, I will be very happy to do so. It can be a lonely place sometimes. Unless you are or have been in that situation it is hard to understand how demanding it can be. On the other hand there are many *ups* that balance out the bad days. Once you get into a routine, which will take a few weeks, then life will be easier.

Celyn
How kind.
Thank you very much for the offer.
Terry
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 06:51 PM

Celyn
Celyn I would never want to battle with you on a subject like this ( don't tell Tpin he thinks I am scary). For whatever reason you managed to get him home I am thrilled because he will be happier there with you and the family to support him... and so will you be happier.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top