Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 11:02 AM

iPads are not the bees knees.

Well I am beginning to think so.
Simple chores such as clearing space on it, is giving me problems
I was informed that I could not take any more pictures, as I did not have enough space in the memory.
OK so I deleted some pictures that I Did not need to keep.
It's the 70 odd pictures and videos that I want to transfer to a memory stick I could not see a way to do it.
I bought a while ago a memory stick that has a USB at one end and an iPad, iPhone plug at the other end.
It fits OK and when I first used it, it installed software so that the iPad sees it.
But it does not allow me to transfer the photos to the stick.
I use memory sticks for my backups from my laptop and other devices and I have quite a few.
I Have in the past found other things that cannot be done with the iPad.
Maybe it is time to be looking for a better tablet. Is there one?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 11:20 AM

Re: iPads are not the bees knees.

I'm very much a beginner with the iPad having had one for less than 12 months. I like it for speed but I can do so much more on my laptop but that is old and slow. I've not reached the stage where my memory is full as most of my photos are on my laptop. What has occurred to me is whether you couldn't transfer your photos to cloud or similar but not sure how that works.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I'm very much a beginner with the iPad having had one for less than 12 months. I like it for speed but I can do so much more on my laptop but that is old and slow. I've not reached the stage where my memory is full as most of my photos are on my laptop. What has occurred to me is whether you couldn't transfer your photos to cloud or similar but not sure how that works.
My daughter said the same but she also does not know how it works.
If it is saved in cloud, I would still have to find a way to put them on my sticks.
I am on my second iPad, and I agree that they are fast normally and useful.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:03 PM

Lots of things iPad can't do but I did my research before buying one to make sure I was buying what I needed, haven't been disappointed yet.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:28 PM

Hubby has suggested attaching a lead from iPad to laptop and dragging and dropping from one to the other.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:48 PM

Wouldn't touch one with a bargepole, or anything else to do with Apple.
Val J
East Yorkshire

10-02-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Wouldn't touch one with a bargepole, or anything else to do with Apple.
Those were my thoughts too Purwell, but first I bought a cheap tablet which soon slowed down to snail pace, at least with the iPad you're not stuck waiting for things to happen!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:57 PM

Storage is a big problem with the Apple, I use the Samsung which takes a micro SD card to expand it.
gvm
Sussex, UK
gvm is male  gvm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 12:58 PM

You should be able to copy them on a laptop, the same as you can from an iPhone. Newer Android tablets should have USB OTG which can copy direct to a memory stick. My phone does, but you need an adapter or a memory stick that fits micro USB
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 02:04 PM

You bought an iPad ?????

lols

You actually bought a "computer" with :

No keyboard !
No USB socket !
No simple access to files/folders etc
Heavy as a brick !

And you paid HOW MUCH for it ??!!!!!!

I think I found your problem

Would you buy a car without a steering wheel?
A house without a roof?
A toilet without a flush?

iPads are hopeless bits of kit for Sheeple who can't be arsed to learn how to use a computer, who have sausage fingers and just want to swipe pictures across a screen. They are hopelessly devoid of basic connections, hopelessly devoid of functionality and ridiculously overpriced.

Get a Netbook while you still can imo.

I have an ASUS eee PC.

The size of a book, and very lightweight
3 USB sockets
1 HDMI socket
1 VGA socket
1 Ethernet network socket
Card Reader socket
Headphone socket
Battery life of 11 hours

Fully functional running good old stable Windows 7. I can see all my files, folders, documents, pictures etc. I can copy them at will by simply plugging in a basic USB pen or USB hard drive, the kind of basic storage devices that the world has been using for the past 20 years !!

The iPad requires a constant connection to the internet to do just about anything. You are constantly sending files back and forth over the web instead of simply being able to share them with friends using basic USB devices. It's ridiculous proposition from start to finish. But cleverly marketed of course.

You can pick up a great little netbook still for £150 to £200 with all the basic connections and Windows functionality. Many of them have touchscreen and detachable screens for those who are addicted to swiping. Get one whilst you still can imo !

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top