Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 06:35 PM

Re: Why ?

If I left the UK think what it would be like? not saying Good morning/ good afternoon/ good evening as good could relate to the weather. So it would be morning/afternon/evening which is very abrupt.

As to the weather in a hot climate no point in says "Wow another hot day" because it always is.

Then there is shopping, no point is saying to a neighbour "just popping out for some spuds" they would not understand.

Then think of all the everyday slang we use in the UK no one would know what your taking about abroad.

Politics can also be a very touchy subject in some countries, not like us in the UK who deride every politician and party without fear.

name me one other country that has an underground system in their capital as good as we have in London.

So living abroad I would miss all of this

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 11:00 PM

I have everything set up....ready for the day I finally make the move.
This will be about 5 years ahead of schedule.

I'll sell my house and buy a 3 bed semi or similar over here, ..and then I'll be a resident on the Costa del Sol.

I really can't wait.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2017, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I have everything set up....ready for the day I finally make the move.
This will be about 5 years ahead of schedule.

I'll sell my house and buy a 3 bed semi or similar over here, ..and then I'll be a resident on the Costa del Sol.

I really can't wait.
Iīm sure you will achieve your goal Tpin and when you do I hope you will be as happy in your new life over here as we are. There are far worse places to be, thatīs for sure.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Iīm sure you will achieve your goal Tpin and when you do I hope you will be as happy in your new life over here as we are. There are far worse places to be, thatīs for sure.
I have a few friends out there......one's ive met over the years.
one is the owner of a fine tapas bar so that's me sorted
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I have a few friends out there......one's ive met over the years.
one is the owner of a fine tapas bar so that's me sorted
We have quite a famous tapas bar nearby, itīs called the Nut House. Itīs history in a "nutshell" began when the original owner of the house would sell bocas to men who were working nearby. This was good business so the owner thought to turn it into a café/bar, but was unable to obtain a licence for alcohol, so decided to sell the snacks and the drinks were free. It still works on the same principle, you get continuous snacks, crisps, olives, those little fish things, cheese, ham, ensalada rusa, all kinds of things, all the time you are there. Itīs still family owned, Antonio, the owner, is quite a character and to all intents and purposes you are still paying only for the food, not the drink.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

07-04-2017, 10:12 AM

Now I'm hungry for Tapas......I wonder if Sainsbury sell octopus
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 02:14 PM

I think I have told this before but maybe not on this site

I was a late starter at going abroad on holiday as the first wife did not want to
So in 1976 I had my first trip and from that first arrival in Spain I could not get over the the smell of the pines the heat and the blue sky and I said at that point I'm coming to live here

Move on to 1986 and we bought our first property in Benalmadina from then on we worked towards retiring here

We have moved house in Spain more than we did in the UK and made loads of money

Till at the age of 57 we left the UK for good this was 2 years later than planned but we got out just before the recession and we sold a property here in Spain so we were not exchanging pounds for euros

Both my wife and I are on the same page we both wanted to leave the UK mainly because of the weather if we could guarantee just one month in the summer of hot uninterrupted sunshine we would never have left Gods own County but you cannot plus I was getting more and more upset with all the PC goings on

Plus speed cameras and a lot of other laws that I hate,

We are very lucky we have a great deal of friends over here including quite a few from where we lived in the UK that we have know for 30 to 40 years also and this will tick a few of you off all our money is in Off shore accounts so we only pay tax if we draw on the interest not on the capital and most of us all have more than one house

So that is why we left the UK and unless we are kicked out we will not be returning the Uk anytime soon

If we are asked to leave the Caribbean is looking quite good
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 02:42 PM

Thank you for sharing.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

07-04-2017, 02:44 PM

May I be pedantic...Vaniy.

Benalmadena...
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 02:59 PM

Sorry about that Tpin pedantic away

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top