Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:10 AM

Photobucket

I am distressed with what has been happening at Photobucket. I have been happily using this hosting service for what is probably a decade. It has previously been entirely free to use. I had assumed that they made their money from the advertising that appeared on my screen. All of a sudden, without warning, they have ‘locked’ my images from appearing on my Pages of Punch thread. I can ‘unlock’ them if I pay 399 dollars per year!

As a non-commercial user I am unwilling to pay this and have adopted the image display system which is part of the Over 50s board. It is not my preferred route since I prefer my image to appear above my text and this ‘click to expand’ seems a bit awkward since the reader can’t see my text and my image at the same time.

If anyone can advise me on a better alternative I would be pleased to have a look at it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:37 AM

Re: Photobucket

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
I am distressed with what has been happening at Photobucket. I have been happily using this hosting service for what is probably a decade. It has previously been entirely free to use. I had assumed that they made their money from the advertising that appeared on my screen. All of a sudden, without warning, they have ‘locked’ my images from appearing on my Pages of Punch thread. I can ‘unlock’ them if I pay 399 dollars per year!

As a non-commercial user I am unwilling to pay this and have adopted the image display system which is part of the Over 50s board. It is not my preferred route since I prefer my image to appear above my text and this ‘click to expand’ seems a bit awkward since the reader can’t see my text and my image at the same time.

If anyone can advise me on a better alternative I would be pleased to have a look at it.
Why not download them to an album on here Mr Magoo, then you can post them on any thread you like 'full size ish' and your text can appear either above or below the photo....
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:37 AM

https://postimage.io/ is free image uploader i use find it easy to navigate
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:43 AM

I didn't know you could post photos from your album!
Photobucket drives me insane!
I was about to post a thread asking for alternatives as I thought it was the only one we were supposed to use for here.
If I can get to my photos on there, which took over an hour last night, I'll download them and put them in an album on here instead.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:47 AM

I actually paid PB around $12 to get rid of the adverts which used to drive me crazy. It's one of the best investments I have ever made in a computer program, it has been transformed.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 11:02 AM

Photobucket has been messing me about for ages.
I have used it happily for many years but all of a sudden, deleted images left a 'place holder' notice that said "Sorry, this person has moved or deleted this image" and there is no way to remove this, they are not linked anywhere else.
I shall just leave them and move elsewhere, there are lots of image hosting sites where you can store stuff, I shall have to use https://postimage.io/ for any image links in future.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 11:05 AM

testing this

great it didn't work

That was 'imgbb'
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Feey ->
https://postimage.io/ is free image uploader i use find it easy to navigate
and are the pics private or can everyone see ?

I just tried imgbb and it was too confusing + the image I uploaded didn't display on here
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Is this a free site? and are the pics private?

I just tried imgbb and it was too confusing + the image I uploaded didn't display on here
Try www.tinypic.com Rachel, I used to use that with some success..
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

02-07-2017, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Try www.tinypic.com Rachel, I used to use that with some success..
Erm ... why don't you use it now?

Looked at postimage ... it says this

How do we use your information?

We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features to personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top