Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 06:11 PM

Another Childhood Favourite - Raspberry Fluff

Oh my Goodness! My little nieces came avisiting yesterday afternoon. I had them for about an hour as their mum went for a Dental visit. I was quite surprised when the three of them walked in with a large crystal glass, a tin of Evaporated Milk and a packet of Hartleys Jelly

It seems that their other Great Aunt was chatting to them and they were telling her about the Coconut and Jam, traybake they made and ate with Pink Custard last week. This, apparently, reminded her of her own favourite pudding from childhood - namely Raspberry Fluff.

So, as they had an hour to kill, they were eager for us to make it!.

Have to admit, it was my own mum who used to make it and I had completely forgotten how it was done, so looked it up online and thought - good grief, that's quick and easy.

Here then is how I supervised the little uns whilst they made Raspberry Fluff....

1 x Packet of Raspberry Jelly

1 x 170g Tin Evaporated Milk

1 x Large or small dishes

1 x hand whisk

1 x electric whisk

1 x large bowl

1 x measuring jug

Cut the Jelly squares into a measuring jug.
Add HALF the amount of water recommended on the pack (I used 1/2 pint boiling water) to the jelly.

Whisk with a hand whisk and then put into microwave in 10sec blasts until jelly dissolved.

Let the Jelly cool for 30 minutes.

After about 25 minutes, using an electric hand whisk, pour the Evaporated Milk into a large bowl and whisk until about 3 x times the volume. When this done and still whisking, gradually add the cooled jelly and continue to whisk for a further 30 seconds.

Pour into a large dish (as I had to, so they could take it home for their pudding this evening) or into individual little dishes.*

Of course, I couldn't have any but managed to get a little teaspoon full when the little uns weren't looking. OMG, it tastes divine. I am already planning Lime, Orange, Peach and Lemon Fluffs for HWMO and myself, and have put 4 x 410g Evaporated Milk on my shopping list. (double quanity using 2 x packets Jelly, 1 x 410g Evaporated Milk, and also using 1 pint boiling water. The rest is the same.
Of course, like my mum used to do, this can be made with oridinary milk if you watching the calories. but the Evaporated Milk makes all the difference to the taste.

I really had forgotten just how delicious this was. (Raspberry has to be my favourite though as the taste and colour is lovely.

Hope you enjoy if you try it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2 jelly fluff.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	5167   Click image for larger version

Name:	two-ingredient-jelly-fluff-recipes-e1507629665199.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	5168  
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 06:19 PM

Re: Another Childhood Favourite - Raspberry Fluff

That sounds lovely.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:14 PM

I used to love this. So much so, that I made it for my grandchildren, more than once, ..... failure !

The jelly and the fluff always separated.

So now you have given the right directions, I will have another go...thank you very much , Shropshire girl.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 09:35 PM

Hello Ffosse and Puddle Duck, Thank you
You would have laughed at me this afternoon though. I toddled off to the corner shop today for a 410g tin of Evaporated Milk and 2 x Raspberry Jellies, thinking I would make this dessert for He who must obey and myself this evening for afters. I'm afraid that one little teaspoonful I had tasted yesterday was so divine it had me hooked. Anyhow, knowing HWMO and his piggy way with puds, and knowing how light and fluffy this dessert was, it was the larger Raspberry Fluff for me.

All went well, dissolved the two Jellies with one pint of boiling water and let it cool for 30 minutes. After 25 minutes I poured the 410g tin of Evap Milk into my large mixing bowl and started electric whisking it to 3 times the volume, which brought it up to about 3/4 of the bowl. Then I gradually started to add the cooled jelly and nearly panicked! it had so much volume I honestly thought it was going to go right over the top of the bowl !! I quickly turned the electric hand whisk off and reverted to an ordinary hand whisk for the final 30 seconds, which seemed to calm the mix and volume down a bit. I honestly didn't realise how much 2 jellies and a 410g tin of Evap Milk made!

I spooned the mix into 6 wide glass Sundae dishes and still had enough for me to spoon a couple of mouthfuls from the bowl!. (methinks I will stick to the 1 jelly and a 170g of Evap Milk recipe in future!) Never mind, I know they won't be wasted, after HWMO had two after dinner, I had one, yum! and the other three will be polished off after dinner again tomorrow.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top