Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 10:14 PM

The Wailing Wall has become the spitting wall!

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/a-sp...m_medium=email

how disgusting. So this is how some women are treated in Israel - the land of democracy and equal rights?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 10:28 AM

Re: The Wailing Wall has become the spitting wall!

That's quite disgusting, I was reading about idiots carving into sacred wall elsewhere the other day too and complaining they were being treated badly. Another couple carved into a sacred aboriginal rock. I don't get the disrespect for these places. OK be an atheist but don't destroy ancient sacred places.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 12:45 PM

Spitting is disgusting. This is a battle between a group of women who want to be allowed to worship in their own way by the wall and the Orthodox group (both men and women) who do not want to allow that.

When we were there I did witness an argument but this was on the men's side. One of the guys in our group had not covered his head and was told off by an American Orthodox Jew for being a tourist. He started complaining about tourists not respecting the site. I was observing from the outside and was pretty shocked at the whole altercation in such a holy place. Some women in our group did go into the women's section. You had to cover your head. They didn't have any trouble. I was surprised it was segregated by sex.

But it is an amazing place despite the conflicts and arguments. They have just as many arguments in some of the churches as there are different Christian faiths vying for power in Jerusalem's holy Christian sites.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:44 AM

Head coverings for religious purposes are truly stupid. Brainwashing
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2018, 12:25 PM

Perhaps but if you want to go to the wall head covering i.e. for men are available at the entrance small cardboard kippas.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top