Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 11:36 PM

Re: French Riots

The French don't mess about, I was on a 6 month training course in Paris around 1980 and there was trouble then. Walking around there were columns of CRS (riot police) lined up, waiting to go into action. I was advised to stop calling them les filcs. Later in the same course we had to drive to Bordeaux and were stopped by the police because it was foggy and we didn't have our lights on, the officer wasn't happy until he found I was Scottish then he just let us go which was fortunate as I had some weed in my pocket.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
The French don't mess about, I was on a 6 month training course in Paris around 1980 and there was trouble then. Walking around there were columns of CRS (riot police) lined up, waiting to go into action. I was advised to stop calling them les filcs. Later in the same course we had to drive to Bordeaux and were stopped by the police because it was foggy and we didn't have our lights on, the officer wasn't happy until he found I was Scottish then he just let us go which was fortunate as I had some weed in my pocket.

You should be so lucky, - I was with the students at the Sorbonne in 1968 and met up with CRS !!!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 03:08 PM

Protest again this weekend. Defying the government because they can, not good. Pushing their luck.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46577598

"Last time, we were here for taxes," said 28-year-old called Jeremy told the AFP news agency.

"This is for the institutions - we want more direct democracy," he said, adding that people needed to "shout to make themselves heard".
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
The Auld Alliance!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It's the French way, especially when there's not a war on.
In which case the yellow jackets come on and the white flags are unfurled!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:40 PM

Skimming and failing to have my reading glasses on, instead of "French Riots" I read it as "French Idiots".

But that would be redundant, now wouldn't it.

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 01:32 PM

Do hope those wishing to enjoy New Year celebrations can do so without any trouble.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Skimming and failing to have my reading glasses on, instead of "French Riots" I read it as "French Idiots".

But that would be redundant, now wouldn't it.

Despite what you read on here, the French have a very successful military, scientific and economic history. Even better their language sounds so sexy.

No, there is nothing wrong with France, history is just very selective.

For example the British constantly refer to their victory at Agincourt but how much of France do they rule now? Likewise Waterloo, perhaps the outcome would have been very different if Napoleon had not delayed the start of the battle for several hours to allow the ground time to dry. The Prussians would not have arrived in time to save the day.

France is a fantastic country remember they gave the world the word 'entrepreneur' - no matter what ignoramus George W Bush said.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 11:23 AM

We don't want to hear this get thee back to the place we sent convicts too .
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:13 PM

France is Ok its just full of toss pot French

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top