Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 01:26 PM

Re: Is this a coincidence with Brexit?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's people who are ignoring social distancing, masks and rules that have let it get to this OGF. We are where we are economically because the empire made us reliant on trade with the world to maintain a pretty decent level of wealth. We have done pretty well out of that arrangement in the past. Besides, it's not like we grow pineapples, spices, bananas, avocados, cashew nuts, almonds, peanuts etc etc etc here. We have imported and exported food, materials, commodities since medieval times. What's wrong with trading with other countries?
I wasn't really meaning the covid outbreak Annie, more our dependence on foreign produce. All the things you mentioned are luxury foods and could easily be done without, or limited. Trading with other countries is okay to a point, but when you cannot support the population of this country with food, energy, healthcare, and education, there is something drastically wrong with the management. We have fields full of oilseed and other waste of space crops instead of proper crops, we are not using farming to it's potential, prefering to buy from abroad. No wonder the farming industry is going the way of the steel industry, shipbuilding industry, and many others, too many to name. Too many snouts in the trough, and wasting money on useless green projects. Yes, the planet is going to hell on a hand cart, and it's got nothing to do with climate....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't believe in conspiracy theories and have no time for the sad individuals who do (and that includes Mike Yeadon who I have had the misfortune to encounter before) .
I don't believe the new variant virus is anything but genuine having listened to those who know about these things .

We should try to make the best of this little difficulty and look upon it a dry run for 31st of December and no we shouldn't delay the transition period for one moment, when you are covered in muck a little more makes no difference.

You only had to look at the Prime Minister's body language during the press conference on Saturday to know he would probably have prefered to have all his teeth pulled out rather than make that announcement re the tier 4 restrictions.
If I would have told you what was about to happen in 2020, this time last year Meg,
would you have considered it a 'Conspiracy Theory'.....I bet you would!...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-12-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Of course it is a coincidence, ridiculous to think it is not. It is exactly what happens during a pandemic.

All the state borders to NSW have suddenly shut including the ACT because of an outbreak in Sydney (not the new UK Virus but the old one imported from the USA).

Definitely not something you can blame on Brexit.
Wouldn't put it past the frogs though Bruce......They don't like us!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
As we have been reminded through the years with air service strikes at peak holiday times and ferry strikes etc. being a common occurrence.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-12-2020, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
As we have been reminded through the years with air service strikes at peak holiday times and ferry strikes etc. being a common occurrence.
True Zaphod, they wouldn't miss an opportunity to stick the boot in to the English. A bit like some Annoying Scottish posters.....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 10:37 PM

To be fair when you read the comments about them on this forum you really can't blame them.

There was a report on the radio this morning that Prity someone had said that the log jams at the port of Dover were all part of a UK Operation Bonkers (that might not be the right name but it began with "B")

Anyway there was some change reported today that the French borders with Britain will remain closed for UK citizens for now, but French citizens can come home from Britain, provided they have proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-12-2020, 10:53 PM

To be fair when you read the comments about them on this forum you really can't blame them.

There was a report on the radio this morning that Prity someone had said that the log jams at the port of Dover were all part of a UK Operation Bonkers (that might not be the right name but it began with "B")

Anyway there was some change reported today that the French borders with Britain will remain closed for UK citizens for now, but French citizens can come home from Britain, provided they have proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
Yep, strange times for everybody these days Bruce....I'm just glad that I'm not in Boris's shoes.....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2020, 11:03 PM

Yep, strange times for everybody these days Bruce....I'm just glad that I'm not in Boris's shoes.....

I wonder if Boris wishes he wasn't in Boris's shoes. He was always a bit of a one trick pony (Brexit) but seems totally out of his depth having to deal with a pandemic or indeed anything else.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 11:16 AM

I wonder if Boris wishes he wasn't in Boris's shoes. He was always a bit of a one trick pony (Brexit) but seems totally out of his depth having to deal with a pandemic or indeed anything else.
Who isn't?

It seems that only low population Countries can control it!

(and low population Counties, in the UK)

Plus the French, who are bent on giving us a lesson, we can't have the ferries but they still let us get the immigrants!

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't believe in conspiracy theories and have no time for the sad individuals who do (and that includes Mike Yeadon who I have had the misfortune to encounter before) .
I don't believe the new variant virus is anything but genuine having listened to those who know about these things .

We should try to make the best of this little difficulty and look upon it a dry run for 31st of December and no we shouldn't delay the transition period for one moment, when you are covered in muck a little more makes no difference.

You only had to look at the Prime Minister's body language during the press conference on Saturday to know he would probably have prefered to have all his teeth pulled out rather than make that announcement re the tier 4 restrictions.
Totaly agree, Meg!

It's even more important that we don't back down, at all, now!

What would they (EU) do next?

What would we have next?

Street riots are never far away!

Boris must make sure we stick to his promise, re the EU, or he, and probably his Party, will soon be gone.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top