Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 04:43 PM

The Best Purchase Ever

What inexpensive and unexpected things have been the best purchases you have ever made and use almost daily?

Mine include:

A two-cup glass measuring cup,

A pair of perfect black tights,

A comfortable bicycle seat,

And most used of all - a phone case with a zippered pouch on the back that holds cash, credit cards and a key.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 04:49 PM

Re: The Best Purchase Ever

A Me To You, Tatty Teddy phone case, bought from a car boot, but it doesn't stop me dropping the darn phone when it's out of the case though.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 04:50 PM

A thermos tea/coffee mug. Keeps drinks hot for ages. Also used to keep drinks cold in the summer.

a powerful LED front bicycle light. Makes an excellent all-purpose torch.

A left-handed tin opener.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
A thermos tea/coffee mug. Keeps drinks hot for ages. Also used to keep drinks cold in the summer.

a powerful LED front bicycle light. Makes an excellent all-purpose torch.

A left-handed tin opener.
Didn't know there was such a thing. I have an electric one.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Didn't know there was such a thing. I have an electric one.
We have got an electric tin opener but the left-handed one works so well that Mrs mart (right-handed) uses it too. Not loads of money but expensive for a tin opener. Much better than cheaper ones I've tried.

Amazon link to tin opener
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-01-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
We have got an electric tin opener but the left-handed one works so well that Mrs mart (right-handed) uses it too. Not loads of money but expensive for a tin opener. Much better than cheaper ones I've tried.

Amazon link to tin opener
It looks like a dragons head.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

07-01-2021, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It looks like a dragons head.
I can see the resemblance too
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 05:46 PM

My best ever buy was my cordless drill/screwdriver which is the tool that, without a doubt, has the most use of any tool that I own.

Regarding left handed tools though, when I went to buy my first ever new trowel as an apprentice bricklayer I was asked whether I wanted a right or left handed one. I thought he was joking at first but apparently it was true, as the hardened brick cutting edge is on a different side. Although why they couldn't harden both sides I never did discover...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
My best ever buy was my cordless drill/screwdriver which is the tool that, without a doubt, has the most use of any tool that I own.

Regarding left handed tools though, when I went to buy my first ever new trowel as an apprentice bricklayer I was asked whether I wanted a right or left handed one. I thought he was joking at first but apparently it was true, as the hardened brick cutting edge is on a different side. Although why they couldn't harden both sides I never did discover...

Same here Barry. I was forced into buying it when my electric drill packed up half way through a job. It wasn't cheap at the time but it's still going strong and has been used for so many things since.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 06:43 PM

I can relate to the cordless drill. While I am not the one who uses it most in this household, it is invaluable.

My son carries a small manual screwdriver that has four changeable "bits" on it, and he says its better than carrying around a knife.

As for the left-handed can opener, I am also-left handed, except for activities requiring strength. That said, I can see why that is necessary for lefties!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top