Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 12:33 PM

Re: Whistling

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Whistle envy in a lady Apricot no time for whistleists im contacting my lawyers. Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy and Dopey whistling Champions.

Ive never had a wolf whistle either ,
???
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 03:07 PM

Back in the day, when I was working in the machine shop, I used to whistle my head off, someone else would join in and we would whistle a duet. The machines were so noisy it didn't matter. I still whistle now while I'm cooking an evening meal, but wife's sat in another room and complains if I get too loud. Maddie the cat also complains if I hit a high note. In this part of Yorkshire, to wolf whistle at a pretty girl was classed as a compliment: not these days though, it's best not to smile either if you don't want to land in trouble with the PC brigade. Hats off to all the ladies who miss been whistled at. You're my kind of woman....
I was out walking with O/H in Llandudno a couple of years ago with me shorts on, and a passing bloke wolf whistled at me....is this what it's come to?
PS I don't mind! [I think he was taking the Mick] [Hope he was taking the Mick!] [I'm not that sort of bloke]
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Back in the day, when I was working in the machine shop, I used to whistle my head off, someone else would join in and we would whistle a duet. The machines were so noisy it didn't matter. I still whistle now while I'm cooking an evening meal, but wife's sat in another room and complains if I get too loud. Maddie the cat also complains if I hit a high note. In this part of Yorkshire, to wolf whistle at a pretty girl was classed as a compliment: not these days though, it's best not to smile either if you don't want to land in trouble with the PC brigade. Hats off to all the ladies who miss been whistled at. You're my kind of woman....
I was out walking with O/H in Llandudno a couple of years ago with me shorts on, and a passing bloke wolf whistled at me....is this what it's come to?
PS I don't mind! [I think he was taking the Mick] [Hope he was taking the Mick!] [I'm not that sort of bloke]
Robert, that made me laugh out loud. I had visions of the man from the moneysupermarket ad
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 03:28 PM

Ahhhh the Classics. Whistling Jack Smith - I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I whistle and sing, why, because I'm happy.
Originally Posted by Jem ->
Maybe it's because very few folks have anything to whistle about nowadays, there's nothing but misery everywhere, roll on Summer.
, but I very seldom whistle now, all out of puff, except whistling to call the dog in.
I agree, whistling is a happy thing but, as you say, it has gone out of fashion these days. I wish I could still whistle a tune but alas it appears to be an art I have lost.

A wolf whistle? I can understand why that might be offensive but someone whistling a tune, nope, one of the joys of life.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2015, 07:54 PM

I was listening to Roger Whitaker this morning, he had a nice whistle!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 11:21 AM

Shame we don't hear the fellas whistling a happy tune no more, love to hear it .......
Never could master it - just can't figure how its done .......
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 11:29 AM

We dare not whistle anymore-some one will confuse a happy tune with a wolf whistle.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 11:47 AM

No I can't whistle either any attempts when I was growing up were squashed by my nan who reckoned women whistlers were whistling the devil !

Steven is quite tuneful though and the boys can whistle the dogs really loudly

Grace is doing a good whistle at the moment too because she lost her first tooth yesterday and her gap is just right for a whistle Tooth fairy leaves a pound now and they say inflation is low
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2015, 11:58 AM

I remember my first whistle i was about 9yrs old playing out on the swing in the back garden and trying my best to whistle, then all of a sudden it came out of nowhere. Well i never shut up from whistling and to this day i whistle. My Dad was alway's whistling.. I just whistled now and the dog looked at me stupid I whistle a high pitch tone if she's wanders far away when i'm in the woods and she comes back instantly! Good girl.. Sometimes if i put her out in the front garden and watch her, i'll trick her by whistling very loud and high pitch she's confused and looking all over where it's coming from They call me Cruella really

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top