Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 10:59 PM

Grey Hair.

I was just thinking after reading into the “I have to wash my hair” thread. Funny how some people go grey early in life and others retain their hair colour much longer. I started to turn grey when I was about 55 but my two younger brothers went grey when they were in their 30’s, the youngest one started to dye his hair straight away but the other just let it happen, same as me. I’m all for the ladies putting a bit of colour into their hair when they start to turn grey, but I also like to see women with well kept grey hair. What I do think is silly looking is very old men with dyed hair, especially that brown rusty colour and jet black, then you have some old lads dying their hair blond at the top and leaving the sides grey, I'm told it's the "Salt and Pepper look" I see them all, for Gods sake who do they think they’re kidding. My wife will be 70 in July and she honestly hasn’t got a single grey hair, how the hell is that?, it’s got to the stage where nobody believes she doesn’t dye it, she just shrugs them off “I don’t care what you believe”, even my daughter(49) has to dye hers. Why are we so concerned about the stuff, it's only hair after all, yet whole industries depend on people being concerned about their hair. Then you have all the men who were spared the onsetting of the grey by having no hair at all.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 11:03 PM

Re: Grey Hair.

Nobody likes to see their Options reducing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 11:11 PM

I think there is a genetic element to who goes grey early, my whole family went grey very early in their thirties.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 11:17 PM

My father became a silver fox very early in his life, i have grey in my facial hair, as i keep my hair short im not sure how grey i am.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2015, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
My father became a silver fox very early in his life, i have grey in my facial hair, as i keep my hair short im not sure how grey i am.
Oooooh have you got a beard Nom don't tell Twiz
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2015, 06:33 AM

For me when they go grey its distingushed.
For women its just old..

While still competing in the workplace its important not to let the first impressions be one of an old lady!

You have to be careful though. I saw a lady yesterday who had her hair an awful shade of red..nearly orange. She had let the roots had grow out about 3inches and her grey hair was so pale it made her look as if she had a huge bald spot on top of her head!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2015, 06:38 AM

I found my first grey hair in my teens and a was turning grey in my twenties, since then i have alway's coloured my hair, if i was to leave it to grow out i would be totally grey i think now...
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2015, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
For me when they go grey its distingushed.
For women its just old..

While still competing in the workplace its important not to let the first impressions be one of an old lady!

You have to be careful though. I saw a lady yesterday who had her hair an awful shade of red..nearly orange. She had let the roots had grow out about 3inches and her grey hair was so pale it made her look as if she had a huge bald spot on top of her head!
Your not old if you start going grey in your twenties..
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2015, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Your not old if you start going grey in your twenties..
True and I blame my son for my grey hair the first one on the day he was born and one each time he did something reckless..

But seriously ladies with grey hair are generally described or thought of as old while men get away with it..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

15-04-2015, 06:59 AM

I think i could have had a mallen streak in my hair at the side of my head growing, it worried me at first but got used to it.. when i was young i felt old but still coloured it and it's ok now i am old

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top