Join for free
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2015, 04:39 PM

Building works

Don't know if it's the same in your area , but I kind of notice today walking about , new building that appear , like one day is a pub , then literally in no time it's a new block of flats , you walk down a road or street you haven't been down for a while , but when you do walk down Theres new building everywere , the landscape is for ever changing ,
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2015, 04:57 PM

Re: Building works

I know what you mean Markey, these buildings seem to go up overnight, and the annoying thing is that a lot of these they knock down are listed buildings with great architecture never to be seen again!
A similar thing happened to our old train station facade it was all carved out in lovely patterns. They came and took it down piece by piece numbering each one so they knew which fit where when they put it back up. The silliest thing about it was they only moved it a few hundreds yards from it's original place. It looks hideous! Why can't they leave things alone as they are? After all it's our heritage....
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2015, 05:51 PM

People have been saying that from the 60"s, they just tore wholesale into buildings and stuff was lost forever,just to put up those ghastly High-rises which surprise, surprise fractured communities . TBF it makes me very sad.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2015, 07:31 PM

Im waiting for the tourists to arrive here... Weve had a new by-pass built and its awful, you have new exits from the motorway and to get to us its a sharp bend first one way them the other whilst climbing a hill...
Even my little car only did it in second gear lord knows what will happen when people arrive with caravans..

As for buildings popping up its true you go down a street you thought you knew and its all changed in just a matter of weeks! Madness.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2015, 09:45 AM

Here it is the lake shore...nearly all private property, almost no access for the public to even see the great Lake Huron. I live across the road from the lake front. One day a large house that looked good to me disappeared in a caravan of big trucks and we can see the lake...the next day fill dirt was hauled and stone for the driveway and in just a week a new house is appearing.0

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top