Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 01:04 AM

Lovely words ..

I listened to someone pray recently, he wasn't reading from a book or bits of paper, it just came from the heart. The last part of his words really stuck in my mind. He said:

"May we take only what we need from this earth, and give back twice as much as we take."

I really loved those simple words. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all did that ...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 02:24 AM

Re: Lovely words ..

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I listened to someone pray recently, he wasn't reading from a book or bits of paper, it just came from the heart. The last part of his words really stuck in my mind. He said:

"May we take only what we need from this earth, and give back twice as much as we take."

I really loved those simple words. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all did that ...
Far too deep for me, isn't there a law about the Conservation of Matter whereby matter cannot be created or destroyed?

All we do on this earth is like dusting we just move stuff around. Unless you are an alien exporter then I suppose you could bring twice as much from somewhere else.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 07:42 AM

Yes Bruce, we only modify what is here already, I think the sentiment behind the statement is, if you have twice what you need of something, it could mean someone else has nothing, the urge to grab seems to be a basic instinct, it matters that grabbing can be second nature.Imo.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 08:21 AM

Spitty - you're brilliant.

Bruce, it doesn't have to mean material things. eg. some people take someone's love but never give any back.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

They are indeed lovely words Mups. Especially as we live in a greedy world for some.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 12:04 PM

Indeed they are lovely words ... and I especially like the one about our countryside ..

Take nothing but photographs and leave nothing but footprints

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top