Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 11:01 AM

Re: Seven Grand

I've told my kids not to spend a lot , in fact the cheapest way would suit me .....always loved my bargains !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Ive stipulated that they must use the cheapest coffin available for me and only one bunch of flowers , donations to a dogs home.

Then Im being burnt my ashes will be mixed with my dogs and we will be scattered together..
Lovely idea Cass.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That sounds reasonable provided it is not a limited time Special Offer
We're keeping our eyes peeled for a BOGOF offer on funerals !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
We're keeping our eyes peeled for a BOGOF offer on funerals !
When Tesco started their funeral service they were ding BOGOFs but were criticised heavily for boosting mortality rates - confused me because surely people weren't killing themselves just to use their free funeral ?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No there's an idea a skip !
Bring out your dead! there's a new skip parked up the road!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Meg, I want the same as you and have a woodland burial, but I found it just as dear, in fact slightly dearer, than a traditional burial.
Some may think it mad, but when I'm gone, I would rather look up and see a beautiful tree full of birds singing, than a great lump of concrete/marble dropped on top of me!
Really Mups
look here..
http://www.natural-burials.co.uk/green-burial-prices/

http://www.humberwoodland.co.uk/prices
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 04:23 PM

What sort of tree would you have? I think I'd have an Elder and somebody could make elderberry wine from the fruit.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 06:19 PM

I'm not even having a coffin, just a shroud! Why waste money on something that's going to get burnt up! I'd rather they spent the money on a good knees up!

My Mum had a green burial. She's in a beautiful patch at Old Cleeve overlooking the bay. She chose the most out of the way corner so we have to go and clip the hedge back now and then so she doesn't get brambled over, not that she would care, bless her!!
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 07:45 PM

Have you noticed that in place of the ads. for laxatives and indigestion medicines, daytime TV seems to be dominated by ads. for funeral plans.
"Have you heard about Fred? He jumped out of a plane without his parachure. Just as well he had a funeral plan from Senior idiots."
"Just shows you how these things can happen, I'm going hang gliding with an old brolly. I'd better call Senior Idiots" !

I'm also surprized by the actor/woman whose £7k included almost £2k for relatives transport and accomodation ! Damned if I'd pay anyone to came to my do. If they don't want to pay to get there, they can stay at home.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote Grumblewagon. "Damned if I'd pay anyone to came to my do. If they don't want to pay to get there, they can stay at home"
Good for you George, if they can't use their own steam to transport their arses to my wake they can all go dry.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top