Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 09:32 AM

Re: In a crisis and trying to enjoy life

Hello Johnny. Just to add my best wishes to the others.
We've always lived near the sea and I wouldn't think about living anywhere else. There's something special about the coast and no matter what the weather, a good walk by the sea can fix a lot of problems.
Hope everything works out well for you.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 09:48 AM

I too wish you good luck with your plans. Perhaps a short break in an area you are thinking of moving to might be an idea, you could have a good look round and see what is on offer accommodation and job wise. I hope your wife´s health improves and the future is good to you both.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I too wish you good luck with your plans. Perhaps a short break in an area you are thinking of moving to might be an idea, you could have a good look round and see what is on offer accommodation and job wise. I hope your wife´s health improves and the future is good to you both.
Hi Johnny
If the place you are thinking of is dear to your heart, you must know it well and that will be a good start for you
Sending good vibes to you and your wife
Hope you will keep us updated on your progress ..........
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 10:29 AM

Good morning, Johnny and your wife too. Been there, where you are now and know the feeling of complete helpless. I have to depend on my son for everything now. I am living in his house and eating his food. He and his wife treat me very well, with respect and love, and kindness. I have no suggestions that have not already been said. Best wishes that all sorts out for you.
Johnnyg
New Member!
Midlands
Johnnyg is male 

20-04-2015, 10:49 AM

Thanks for your kind words all. Eliza- Yes we have been regularly looking on Rightmove, as you say it is a good resource. Carol- I am inclined to agree that there are fewer job opportunities where we want to move to, though my work isn't seasonal and I am happy to commute if needed. I have had rejections where I live, beginning to think it's an age thing! But I guess our problems are the same where vet we decide to live. I just hope things can improve and move forward before we run out of money. We are trying to get into the mode of quality of life rather than quantity is the key, though the bills still need paying.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 12:49 PM

Well you are optimistic which is a good thing - stay that way and you'll be fine .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 12:59 PM

Welcome Johnny, hope your luck changes soon. For different reasons I no longer live in my own property, I don't envy you looking at private renting, try to get on the social housing list. It sounds like you'd qualify, there's no shame in not owning a property. You may be lucky and get a nice little bungalow like mine. It takes away a lot of the uncertainty and stress knowing you can stay somewhere for the rest of your life with no worries about maintenance etc.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 06:38 PM

Twizard is right. Get on the housing list asap. If your wife has health problems then you will get more chance of getting a house due to medical grounds. If you've both worked hard all your lives then you are entitled to get some help to get yourselves settled. Hope it all works out for you.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2015, 06:43 PM

I agree... with all the cutbacks in home help and additional help around the house we are looking at selling up and getting a rented house before OH needs too much day to day help..

If we dont chances are we will have to loan against the house to pay for help or be made to sell to cover care charges..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top