Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 08:35 AM

Re: 50 years later

A really nice story, I hope their happy ending continues for many years.

Family can indeed ruin many a happy couple. A friendīs daughter in UK had been going out with the son of a local restaurant owner for 4 years, never any complaint from the sonīs family. They planned to get engaged then disaster happened, the son was very quickly sent to Pakistan to marry a girl his parents had chosen, the boy didnīt even have the chance to tell my friendīs daughter. Obviously my friendīs daughter tried to find out why her boyfriend had suddenly disappeared, this resulted in the father of the boy paying a visit to her parents and telling them in no uncertain terms to stop the girl trying to contact his son, he also told them that in future they would no longer be welcome in his restaurant. Not a happy ending.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 09:05 AM

What a heartwarming story susan m. How did he find her? - was it through facebook?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 09:21 AM

A lovely story Susan
I have one with not such a happy ending.

My Dad met a girl called Beatrice in the 1920s the love of his life I guess.
He was diagnosed with T1 diabetes she with Tuberculosis both conditions carried the possibility of a death sentence at that time so they decided to part

Dad mastered his diabetes with the help of a new 'wonder drug' insulin then met and married my mother, Beatrice had emigrated with her parents to Canada where she later married.

Dad heard from a mutual acquaintance that Beatrice was alive and well at 80, Dad lived to be 89 .
The irony of this is my mother died in her early 30. Maybe we should all follow our dreams however impossible they seem at the time.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 07:42 PM

Hi Carol , he searched for two years, wrote to local papers in her old home town. From Australia (where she once lived) through these letters he found her in the UK . I believe facebook had some impact but not through him . Lovely isn't it
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 10:35 PM

Nowadays we can search the Data, Data is our friend.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top